vintage Beltone/Teisco solid body electric-$150

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Bob Carlucci

vintage Beltone/Teisco solid body electric-$150

Post by Bob Carlucci »

2 pickup solid body MIJ electric guitar.. Its a Beltone brand which were USA built guitars in the 30's 40's 50's first made by Regal and then by Harmony, and then Teisco bought the name and started building the guitars in Japan late 50's or so. This model is a 2 pickup solid body, with a wonderful solid mahogany body[NO plywood!], brushed aluminum pickguard, rocker switches, truss rod adjustable neck,mahogany neck, really nice rosewood fret board, and a very nicely built trem system[missing handle]... Vibrant red sunburst color looks great and is in excellent condition, with some checking between the pickups. Both pickups were bad so there is a new set of correct looking reproduction gold foil mini humbuckers installed in it. All electronics work, guitar plays really nice, good soft action, stays in tune, has good intonation, NO fret wear, and all around is in beautiful cosmetic condition considering its over 60 years old. Truss rod works perfectly, and the neck is straight...

It plays very well, it really does, but please remember, these were cheap guitars and don't play like a $4000 Paul Reed Smith,, It barks really nice- sounds a lot like an old Melody Maker I once had that I installed to old Gibson mini humbuckers in- real close..

comes with original case... Price is FIRM, and very reasonable. shipping cost as always is an issue with these cheap guitars.. I have a ton of time and close to the same money I am asking into this guitar, and if I can't get $150, I'll keep it.

No pics as yet, but if I get any serious bites, I'll get some up..

The only thing keeping this guitar in the "cheapo" realm as it sits, is those tiny brass frets, and non intonating bridge they used on these guitars..
Otherwise the woods used in the body and neck are way above the norm.. In all my days, I have never seen really nice mahogany and rosewood used in the neck and body of a Teisco guitar, but remember, the Beltone brand was USA built for decades, so who knows?... anyway, its a nice deal, IF you like old MIJ guitars... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Bob - email incoming.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Guys, as of right now, someone has first dibs, and I will be getting a few pictures out for him to look at.. I will repost this guitar with pictures if it doesn't sell... bob

Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

guitar is spoken for,,