Time for me to retire.

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Thanks for what you have done for us steelers, Bob. You have helped to bring together musicians from all parts of the world. I hope to visit with you at a show down the road.
Chuck
Doug Taylor

Post by Doug Taylor »

This forum has helped me more than words can say! Thank you and enjoy your retirement
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

You created a real community based on the best parts of human nature. There is nothing more important than that. I can’t thank you enough.

Bob
Bob
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

To add to my earlier statement, I really feel that your selection of moderators will ensure the continuation of this incredible venture! 👍 Much respect for your vision and foresight! Thanks again for everything that you’ve done!
Bob Shilling

Post by Bob Shilling »

b0b, thanks for keeping this forum going all these years. I still remember the old "usenet" times when you were contemplating doing this, and was really glad when you started it up. That 25 years went too fast. :D

I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have been enjoying mine.
Bob Shilling, Berkeley, CA--MSA S10, "Classic"
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

Thanks for everything bOb and, as you wrote in your post : Take care, stay well, and keep on steelin'
Larry Allen

Sgf

Post by Larry Allen »

Mahalo Nui Loa B0b.. this forum has been my daily read and lifeline to my Steel Guitar Life…Larry :D
Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side
Nathan Golub

Post by Nathan Golub »

Thank you b0b!
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Bob, thaank you for all you have done here on the Forum
You will be missed.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Terry Winter

Post by Terry Winter »

Thank you Bob also. The Forum is my first view in mourning and last before I go to sleep. Hope the same format will be able to go foreword.
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Bobby you rule! So much said and all full of love and gratitude for the gift you've given us all.

Without your forum and all the info and inspiration I've gained from it, I definitely wouldn't have gotten the bug to dive into building these contraptions. Nor would I have what has become a very special and important friendship with you.

Thank you Bobby....at least a thousand times!! Best of luck in the New Year!
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Thank you b0b. I come here almost every day, I learned so much about steel guitar in a very short period of time thanks to the vast amount of information that has been shared and collected here over the years, and of course from the ongoing discussions. You done good! I hope you will still be around just as a fellow picker and steel enthusiast, wishing you the best for retirement and for the new year, I hope you can make it up our way again for another jam sometime down the road. :D
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
Malcolm McMaster

Post by Malcolm McMaster »

Bob a sincere thank you for all your work on the Forum.Hope you have a long and happy retirement 😀
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Thanks so much for all you've done here over the years, bOb... I hope you enjoy your well earned retirement.
Steve Mueller

Post by Steve Mueller »

Thanks for all your time and dedication to expanding pedal steel knowledge. When I started playing steel in the early 70's, you really had to work hard to find any tidbit of info on how to play. I had a great teacher in Lloyd Hazelbaker, but access to info like the Forum provides would take 10 years off a long learning curve.
Enjoy a well deserved retirement!
2016 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2015 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2023 Williams S12 4 x 5, Milkman Amps, 1974 Gibson Byrdland
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

Bob…you created a monster, and what a great monster it turned out to be! Thanks so much for being such a positive force in so many of our lives! Probably one of the most important things that ever happened to this fantastic instrument! We all have learned things that we probably wouldn’t have without the Steel Forum! Best of luck with your future endeavors, and Happy New Year!
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Thank you B0b and enjoy your retirement !!
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
chuck lemasters

Post by chuck lemasters »

Thanks, b0b! I have learned so much from the forum over the years.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH, AFTER I FOUND THIS FORUM IT TURN ME AROUND. I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH ON THIS FORUM. ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT AND KEEP ON PICKING. J.R. ROSE
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
John De Maille

Post by John De Maille »

After helping run the PSGA for over 40 years, I totally understand and appreciate your choice. You've reached a goal with the forum that's incomparable and you deserve many accolades for your work doing so. Again, many, many thanks to you!
And, as you said..... be well, stay safe and keep on steelin'.
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Mike Neer wrote:b0b, I was thinking about this day recently. I have to say, joining this forum has been one of the single biggest life-changing events in my musical life. I want to thank you for your friendship, leadership, civility and for having the foresight to start this in the first place. You are going to be sorely missed on a day-to-day basis, but I am sure your family knows what the Steel Guitar Forum means to you. And I want you to know what it means to me too.

If there is anything I can do to help, please keep me in mind. I wish you all the best.
I just want to echo everything Mike states here. This forum has tranformed my musical life - and, btw, many other aspects of my life - in an incredibly positive way. I believe I'm both a better musician and a better person for being here. We all owe b0b a huge debt for having the skill and foresight to start and then intelligently and skillfully lead this place for the last 25 years.
Last edited by Dave Mudgett on 1 Jan 2023 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Rafferty

Post by Larry Rafferty »

Thank you Bob and have a joyful retirement.
Mullen D-10 8x5; Sho-Bud Super Pro D10 8x6; PedalMaster 5 Star SD-10 3x5; Dekley D-10 8x4;
Sho-Bud S-10 3x1; Fender Lap/Floor Steel; Peavey Power Slide; Supro Lap Steel; Peavey Nashville 400;
pair of Peavey Vegas 400's; Peavey NV112; Webb 614E with matching extension cabinet; Fender Twin Reverb and 3 cats.

They laughed when I sat down to play, cause' somebody pulled my chair away...
Jeff Keyton

Post by Jeff Keyton »

Many Thanks to you and Great job on building this community and network.
Geoff Queen

Post by Geoff Queen »

Thank you b0b. You’ve created a resource that is invaluable to so many of us. All the best in your retirement.
Len Ryder

Post by Len Ryder »

When things really settle down for you, don't look back and say "Could'a Should'a Didn't" Say "Could'a Should'and DID". I did just that and never regretted it.