Judith Durham- RIP

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

John Haspert

Judith Durham- RIP

Post by John Haspert »

Not sure how I missed it. Judith passed away in August, 2022. What a great voice that is now singing in Music Heaven. While the Seekers to my knowledge did not use Steel Guitar. They were a part of Folk movement of which Judy Collins was a prominent figure. Buddy Emmons had me hooked with his PSG on Someday Soon with Judy. I was a teen back then also had (and Still do) a love of the 12-string guitar which found its way into many groups including the Seekers, Byrds, Beatles Desert Rose Band, Heart Breakers etc. The Seekers clean sound with Judith upfront was stellar. In the early 70’s, I played in a band that did “I’ll Never Find Another You”. We used 12-string and PSG; I wished I had kept a recording of that. It was used for Marriage Encounter Groups at the time. Judith- Rest in Peace. I know we’ll never find another you!
Pedal Steel Guitar is "Music from Heaven"
Rich Upright

Post by Rich Upright »

I am so sorry to hear of Judith's passing. She was one of my absolute favorite female singers; she had a voice from heaven. I was a big Seekers fan back then & to this day. Also had a crush on her back in the day; thought she was absolutely gorgeous.
She will be missed.
A couple D-10s,some vintage guitars & amps, & lotsa junk in the gig bag.