Leigh Pollari Sun Covers

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Chris Bauer

Leigh Pollari Sun Covers

Post by Chris Bauer »

A quick unsolicited plug for Leigh Pollari's sun covers.

She made this for me just before touring shut down and it's been waiting for a 'real world' trial ever since.

HOT, humid Alabama festival stage this last weekend with off-and-on direct sunlight. The guitar baked for several hours between soundcheck and our show. I pulled off the cover and the guitar was surprisingly cool. Tiny tuning touch-up and the guitar was good to go.

I know one test of anything isn't much to go on but I've been waiting to try this cover for so long that I wanted to at least give an initial report as well as my thanks to Leigh for working with me to get this made.

Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

That's an awesome idea.
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

With the daily triple-digit temps we've been having, I'd like to have one of those big enough to cover both my guitar and me!
Lee, from South Texas - Down On The Rio Grande

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat
Lance Martin

Post by Lance Martin »

Are these similar to the “stay cool” covers that used to be around? If so, how can I get one?

leighpollari@yahoo.com

Post by Jim Fogle »

Lance Martin wrote:Are these similar to the “stay cool” covers that used to be around? If so, how can I get one?
Check out the first post in this link: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=373177 or email her at: leighpollari@yahoo.com.
Remembering Harold Fogle (1945-1999) Pedal Steel Player
Dell laptop Win 10, i3, 8GB, 480GB
2023 BiaB UltraPlus PAK
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Hi Lance - Sorry I somehow missed this. Yes, these are very much like the Stay Cool covers as far as I know. I never owned one of those so I can't compare them but I can say I'm 100% happy with the one Leigh made me.