The Nashville Scene!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ernie Renn

The Nashville Scene!

Post by Ernie Renn »

Hey, gang!

Does anybody out there have copies of the TV show, “The Nashville Scene”? The show ran weekdays 5:30 am - 6:00 am for 12 weeks, 60 episodes, running from Monday, 1/2/78, to Friday, 3/24/78. Grady Martin & Buddy we’re the band leaders. If you do or know where I can find copies, let me know.

Thanks!
My best,
Ernie
www.BuddyEmmons.com
Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

Ernie,
This post sent me on a hunt on YouTube. This is from one of the later shows (That Nashville Music?), probably around 81, but I never saw it before...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAp8Ndb_CPE
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Nice and there's my old pal Hoot Hester.

Thanks Ernie
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Dan Behringer

Post by Dan Behringer »

I’ve spent considerable time looking for any copies of the Nashville Scene and have come up dry so far. I used to watch it every morning before I caught the school bus.
Martin Yeomans

Re: The Nashville Scene!

Post by Martin Yeomans »

Ernie Renn wrote:Hey, gang!

Does anybody out there have copies of the TV show, “The Nashville Scene”? The show ran weekdays 5:30 am - 6:00 am for 12 weeks, 60 episodes, running from Monday, 1/2/78, to Friday, 3/24/78. Grady Martin & Buddy we’re the band leaders. If you do or know where I can find copies, let me know.

Thanks!
Ernie,
I recall a few years back seeing several episodes, and I believe thry were on my Direct TV channel, RFD TV. Don't know who runs it, but you might be able to contact somebody there and inquire.

Mark
Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

Ernie,
Looks like the right time frame..
https://youtu.be/9fwxHtta5V8
Brett Cooper

Post by Brett Cooper »

I clearly remember “The Nashville Scene.” I remember Buddy, Grady and T Tommy Cutrer. It aired on WDHN, channel 18, in Dothan, Alabama…late ‘70s(?). I remember one episode featuring Hank Jr. discussing all the Civil War memorabilia in his possession.
‘82 Emmons Push/Pull D-10, Emmons LL2 SD-10, Sho~Bud Pro III - Nashville 400, Nashville 112, Fender Twin, Hilton VP, Steeler’s Choice seat, SG Blackbox.
Ernie Renn

Post by Ernie Renn »

"The Nashville Scene". Not "That Nashville Music". You guys...
My best,
Ernie
www.BuddyEmmons.com
Dan Behringer

Post by Dan Behringer »

I'm glad to find out others remember that show because I was really starting to doubt my memory. Leon Rhodes was on there too, wasn't he?