Quilter amps

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Godard

Quilter amps

Post by Ben Godard »

I am looking for the best steel amp that quilter makes. I was thinking of getting a rackmount steelaire but I don’t see it on quilters website anymore. Is it discontinued? The website does have TT -12 and TT-15. How are these in comparison. I’d love to hear any opinions

Thanks

Ben
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I had a Steelaire Rackmount that I used with an Eminence EPS-15C speaker. Good rig. I sold the rackmount setup and bought a Steelaire combo to lessen number of parts. It was sold as it wasn't near as good, to me, as the rack setup I had.

After using my backup amp (a Nashville 112) I bought the Travis Toy 12 combo. Finally, what I was looking for in a steel amp. Best sounding steel amp since a Fender Twin Reverb (with JBL'a) I had in the 70's. I like the 27 lb amp weight too.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Ben Godard

Post by Ben Godard »

Thanks Jack. I appreciate that info
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

edit
Last edited by Doug Beaumier on 27 Oct 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

The Steelaire Rackmount has been discontinued. It’s a shame, it’s a great sounding unit. I push a 1203-4 Black Widow with mine. I guess there is a limit to how many steel guitar amps a company wants to carry in their line.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Yeah, the Steelaire is no more. I had my combo for eight years and I really liked it. I just felt it was time for a change, so I recently sold the Steelaire and got the TT-15. Looks like Quilter has decided to stay with the block dock for steel guitar.
Samuel Phillippe

Post by Samuel Phillippe »

I inherited a Quiltor Aviator. Two 8 inch speakers. It sounds great for my pedal steel in my front room.....Thinking about a larger Quilter for the Friday night jams.
Michael Sawyer

Post by Michael Sawyer »

I have a TT12- and play an old Fender 400.
It tames the highs,has full mids and low end with no mud.
My band was floored at how much better it sounds vs. my Fender DeVille i had been using.
5 stars far as I' m concerned...
Travis Toy

Post by Travis Toy »

Michael Sawyer wrote:I have a TT12- and play an old Fender 400.
It tames the highs,has full mids and low end with no mud.
My band was floored at how much better it sounds vs. my Fender DeVille i had been using.
5 stars far as I' m concerned...
👍🏻

-t
rick andrews

Post by rick andrews »

Ben,
I've sent you an email.