**Dating My Pre-War Rick B6: Little Help?**

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Mark Helm

**Dating My Pre-War Rick B6: Little Help?**

Post by Mark Helm »

Hey guys:

I recently picked up a Rick B6, Panda-style, metal plates, 1.5" shoe (with patent #), metal Rickenbacher Electro plate, string-thru body. My guess is 1940-ish.

Any thoughts?

Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
John Dahms

Post by John Dahms »

Looks like '39-41 range. Serial #? Original case?
We don't have definitive serial dating info from Rickenbacher but over the years there were trends and enough have surfaced to be able to make educated guesses on many models.
The serial is stamped on the end of the peghead (C29xx range is probably around that period.
Time flies like an eagle
Fruit flies like a banana.
Mark Helm

Serial #

Post by Mark Helm »

Hope you can read it! C3355.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
John Dahms

Post by John Dahms »

The latest model B (Bakelite panda) that I have any record of is serial C3714 that I own. I bought it as a set from the original owner with the Model 200(?) amp. The amp had original RCA tubes that had date codes from spring 1942 on them. Could not have been many more made after that because of the war.
Time flies like an eagle
Fruit flies like a banana.
Mark Helm

Serial #s

Post by Mark Helm »

John Dahms wrote:The latest model B (Bakelite panda) that I have any record of is serial C3714 that I own. I bought it as a set from the original owner with the Model 200(?) amp. The amp had original RCA tubes that had date codes from spring 1942 on them. Could not have been many more made after that because of the war.
It's pretty difficult to date by the serial #s on these from what I understand. All I know is it's def. early '42 or before.