Chris Scruggs / Delbert Mcclinton

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

G Strout

Chris Scruggs / Delbert Mcclinton

Post by G Strout »

Hey all. I just got an advance copy of Delbert McClinton's new CD. Old Country, 50's rock and R&B. Chris Scruggs does some "killing it" work on this . Give it a listen if you can. I think the release date is next Monday. Chris doesn't get near enough credit for his steel work. He kicks butt all over it!
Gary
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Thanks Mr. Strout, I had read somewhere that Delbert had retired, nice to see that he has some new material, he's one of the best, also a Lubbock boy!
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Yes Sir. He is officially retired. This was just a project he worked on with Kevin McKendree and others. (long time Delbert keyboard player) Delbert is 81 and although he likely won't be going on the road anymore, I believe he is doing a Sandy Beaches Cruise next year in Jan. I hope he continues to record. The man is an American music legend.
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Robert B Murphy

Post by Robert B Murphy »

Amen to Delbert being a legend. He's never done anything I haven't liked and I'm glad to see he's still working. Thanks for the heads up.
Bob, small o.