|| SOLD || Beautiful Sho~Bud S-12 Universal 7/5

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ian Worley

|| SOLD || Beautiful Sho~Bud S-12 Universal 7/5

Post by Ian Worley »

Guitar is sold, thanks to all who inquired.

1986 Sho~Bud 6160 with 7 pedals/5 knees; 3 raise, 2 lower changer, pickup is the stock single coil. $2800 plus shipping via UPS and any PayPal fees. Ground shipping in the lower 48 should be ~$200. No trades.

The guitar is in very good condition, it has some very minor dings and scuffs as you would expect for 36 y.o. instrument, but nothing noteworthy. It came to me as a standard Ext E9 3x4, I've since done a lot of upgrades:

• Added extra pedals and associated hardware for uni setup
• Custom fabricated 6061 aluminum changer fingers w/ new hardened steel axle
• Custom fabricated 6061 aluminum knee lever brackets and other misc parts
• Additional 7-hole bell cranks custom fabricated from 6061 aluminum
• Drilled and tapped for split screws on all strings
• Cross shafts are rail mounted with nylon bushings at all the pivots
• Steel string tree on the middle 4 strings for a tighter break angle over the rollers
• New Tom Bradshaw plastic fretboard

It's currently set up as a uni with Emmons A-B-C pedals, E raises on the LKL, LKR raises 1&2 and lowers 6 G#>F# (split w/ B pedal), the vertical lowers 5 & 9 B>A# (split w/ A pedal), RKL lowers Es, RKR lowers 2 D#>D, raises 9 B>D. Pedals 4-7 are the typical Newman B6 (P8-P5-P6-P7). Copedent chart below. The A pedal is actually in the second position so there is room for a zero pedal to be added on the left, including the necessary additional length on the pedal shaft, body is drilled for mounting the additional cross shaft hardware. The original case is in decent shape, some discoloration on the inside, a little rough on one end. The previous owner told me it was left out in a shed and got wet at some point (the case only, not the guitar). Also includes a nice black dust cover.

Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Ian Worley on 17 May 2022 1:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
Greg Vincent

Post by Greg Vincent »

I saw this instrument in person. This is a beautiful guitar.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Thank you Greg! :D
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
Steven Black

Sho-bud question

Post by Steven Black »

Hello Ian, who rebuilt this Sho-Bud? Nice work. Steve Black.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Thank you Steven, I did the work myself. As many others here can attest, it's a labor of love, but always fun.
Barry Coker

Post by Barry Coker »

Beautiful guitar Ian Had a blue one ext. e9 back in the early 80's great tone great player good luck on the sale who ever gets this one will be a lucky picker.

Barry
Zum-D-10, Webb 614-E, 65 Pro Reverb, Evans RE200, 69 Gibson Birdland, 89 Telecaster EAD Bad!!
Tucker Jackson

Post by Tucker Jackson »

Very nice, Ian. A rare find at a reasonable price. Somebody is going to be happy.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Thanks gentlemen for the positive feedback :D

I've got someone coming from out of town to have a look on Tues, I'll update thread if a deal is reached.
Dave Morrison

Post by Dave Morrison »

Absolutely gorgeous! I had a blue one just like that that I sent to Clem Schmit to convert to uni. Can’t imagine the hours you have in that conversion Ian. A job well done though!
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Thanks Dave!

This one has a new home, donation sent. :) Thanks to all who inquired. Close 'er up!