Spare Parts.

For people who build steel guitars

Moderator: J D Sauser

Peter Roush

Spare Parts.

Post by Peter Roush »

Does anyone know where I could get some extra stop collars. Are they a standard size? The ones I need measure 6.5mm X 10mm or .256 inches X .394 inches. -Pete
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

I've bought some from McMaster Carr.https://www.mcmaster.com/stop-collars/

Dave
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

If your town has an ACE Hardware, Check in the metric nut and bolt section, They stock other metric items in this area in some stores.
Peter Roush

Picture of Stop Collars

Post by Peter Roush »

Well... thank you, McMaster Carr has an impressive variety of such things, but none were like these. I think the size 6.5mm X 10mm is pretty common because I borrowed a brass one from my Dekely for temporary.
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

I get these from Mcmaster, 1/4 x 3/8 threaded standoff...have to drill the cross holes myself.
Peter Roush

Post by Peter Roush »

Been to some hardware stores too, and yes they have things that will work temporarily, but I sure would like to find these size in steel for this brand new Excel. It came with a couple missing and Mitsuo Fujii is having shipping issues with small packages.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

The items in your pic are more properly call "barrel stops", not stop collars (which are concentric to the rod). They're commonly found in throttle linkages and similar applications. Michael Yahl sells them: https://www.psgparts.com/Barrel-Locking ... BL-250.htm. You could also do a google search for "throttle linkage barrel stop" or similar, but it might take a while to find the correct size that way.
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
Peter Roush

Post by Peter Roush »

Ian. Bless your heart ! I just saw this. I'm on it. Thank you so much!!
Gary Rue

parts

Post by Gary Rue »

My opinion.
Sad to say that gutted instruments is worth about 2 to 3 times there value. I refuse to do it. Nice to see good people helping each other.
My 2 cents.