Chris Ivey done took a hike...

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Craig Schwartz

Post by Craig Schwartz »

Chris was the bomb on this steel forum
had many laughs reading his comments
definitly got my blood movin in a good direction most of the time.
RIP Chris Ivy "You rocked the boat very well"
Gonna miss your persona'
SO MANY LURES, SO LITTLE TIME....
Joe Breeden

Post by Joe Breeden »

Never knew him. Never knew he was such a good player. He helped me once, with a question on the forum. I looked for his posts or answers. He had grit. Never met him, but I did like him. RIP Chris Joe
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

like many others here, I did not know Chris was sick... whenever I'd get tired of reading same ole stuff, i would look for his posts, they were interesting, and controversial , something refreshing and different...RIP my friend
Brian McGaughey

Post by Brian McGaughey »

This is the first I've heard of his passing, although I knew he had been very sick. Chris's direct unfiltered approach and lack of caps in his post's was a part of the heart and soul of the SGF IMO.

I just listened to the link of the band Chris was in playing with Albert Lee. Hot and tight. Chris could tear it up.

RIP Chris!
Wayne Ledbetter

Rip

Post by Wayne Ledbetter »

Remember some of Chris posts. My condolences to family and friends.
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

There's going to be a little concert/jam in chris' honor at the Side Door in Sacramento tonight, Sat March 26, 2022, 7-10pm. It's free for all, and might even become a 'free-for-all'! For those of you within reach, come on out. 2900 Franklin Blvd, Sacramento, CA.
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
John Brabant

Post by John Brabant »

How did the jam go Ian? Miss him. He was a funny dude.
John Brabant
1978 Emmons D-10 P-P
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

It went well John, thanks. It was a lot of fun, we had an instrumental steel jam all afternoon with 10-11 players, then the evening show with various bands, singer/songwriters and other musicians with whom Chris had played over the years. Good turnout, Chris' daughter came too and shared some stories, love and remembrances. Good music, good stories, good times.
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
John Brabant

Post by John Brabant »

Any chance it was recorded, Ian?
John Brabant
1978 Emmons D-10 P-P
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Someone did shoot some video of the evening performances, I haven't seen any of it yet but I'll post a link if it shows up online.
John Brabant

Post by John Brabant »

Thanks Ian!!!
John Brabant
1978 Emmons D-10 P-P