Beautiful Terry Crisp Solo with Reba McEntire, 1995

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I have seen this video several times. On the record there is a steel break but Reba allowed a much longer break for Terry. His break is incredible and Reba is fantastic. I tell other steel players about this video and keep your eyes off Reba.
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Here's a whack at the tab for Terry's break in "They Asked About You" from Reba's 1995 tour one year before the video Walter posted. One of my all time favorites - absolutely beautiful.

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... light=reba
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Sorry Paul, but I can't keep my eyes off Reba, I really didn't realize there was a steel player there!!!!!
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

We don't hear enough about Terry on the Forum, he is such a great player, last time I saw him, he was with Chris Young>

Thanks for posting that Walter!
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Tomi Graso

Post by Tomi Graso »

Thanks for a great thread Walter, just couldn't resist but to send you this link of another great Terry Crisp solo.

In this video Terry is playing with Joe Nichols at the Grand Ole Opry. It's on the second song Farewell Party , solo starts around 5:44 minutes. Got some great shots of Terry playing , it's simply AMAAAAZING, please have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCZnyR2hF8
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

It don't get any better than this. Terry Crisp is a super good player. Such a great song. Best I remember Freddy Weller wrote this song. He has always been one of my favorites.

RC
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Larry Baker, I knew you could not keep your eyes off Reba. Seriously, she is very distracting when Terry is playing.
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

The video of Terry at Bobbe Seymour's music store playing a Carter Starter opened a bunch of eyes. When he was finally able to get his long legs under it he brought tears to a glass eye on that little Carter Starter proving the sound is 95% player input.