WTB 1x15 open back speaker cab

Post here if you're looking for something special
Dan Hockstein

WTB 1x15 open back speaker cab

Post by Dan Hockstein »

Hi all,

Looking for a convertible-back or open back speaker cabinet for pickup (or reasonable shipping cost) in the Chapel Hill, NC 27517 area. New prices are just generally a little much for my budget, which is about $150. 1x15, 1x12, or 2x12 all considered, with the 1-speaker configurations having a slight edge. Let me know what you have! They do not need to be loaded. Would prefer no carpet covering and no metal grills if possible. Thanks!

Edit: looking specifically for a 1x15 open or convertible cab.
Last edited by Dan Hockstein on 8 May 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Dan,
You can have this 1x15 for shipping, then whatever you can afford. If the shipping maxes out your budget you don’t owe me anything. I’ll send you a copy of the shipping bill.

It’s similar in width to a PV Nashville 400, if you want to install an amp chassis. Sorry about the pics being turned; it’s an IPhone thing I guess. It would ship from 70518….I can bring it to the shippers tomorrow or Thursday.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
James Sission

Post by James Sission »

Here ya go.

___
Dan Hockstein

1x15

Post by Dan Hockstein »

Marty,

That is incredibly kind of you. Would hate to make you go through the trouble of shipping this if someone more local has an open or convertible back cabinet, so maybe we can give it a week or so. Otherwise, I'll be in touch via PM.
Marty Broussard

Dan,
No problem. It’s on hold for you until next Monday. If you don’t take I’ll offer it to the public.
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
David Venzke

Post by David Venzke »

Sent you a PM ...
Marty Broussard

Dan, have you made a purchase?
Thx
Dan Hockstein

Cab

Post by Dan Hockstein »

Hey Marty,

I have not, but please go ahead and pass your cabinet to someone local! Your offer was incredibly kind but I'm on the hunt for an open or convertible-back cab, so I'd feel bad making you go through the hassle of shipping if it wound up not being my cup of tea.
Dan Hockstein

bump

Post by Dan Hockstein »

Came across a JBL E130 for a good deal and it needs a nice box to get plopped in! I’m really looking to put it in a handsome-ish (would strongly prefer no carpet covering or steel mesh grill) open or convertible back cabinet for not much money - does anyone have a spare they’d be willing to let go of for not much $? Would be great if you’re local to NC!