Steel Guitar transcription to tab

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Michael Lester

Steel Guitar transcription to tab

Post by Michael Lester »

Has anyone found software that can convert an audio file (like from a YouTube video) into tablature or standard note transcription?

I enjoy the playing of Doug Beaumier and his take on '60s classics. Generally, I pick up the head fairly quickly, but Doug's improvs are fast and complex enough that to slice them apart is a real chore. It'd be great to be able to 'see' Doug's thinking on a passage.

I'd like to be able to play the audio into software that would generate tab or at least a format that could be read and converted by Tabledit.

I found AnthemScore which purports to do this for standard guitar. AnthemScore offers a free trial, but I haven't downloaded it because it seems standard guitar oriented.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Something that transcribes to standard musical notation would get you half the way there. Then you'd just have to figure out what fret the player was at.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Michael Lester

Transcrition

Post by Michael Lester »

Yep Bob...TablEdit (for one) will convert notation to tab. Unfortunately, it doesn't 'hear' the music and then transcribe what it hears. It just reformats notation to tab.

For example, my SPARK amp and a couple other phone apps will 'listen' to a song and then layout the chords on screen. It's helpful, but not always accurate. Still better than me guessing...
b0b

Post by b0b »

I guess it's not as easy as I thought. :\
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Lafe Brown

Post by Lafe Brown »

Studio One can convert audio to midi as input to Notion for score transcription.
Bruce Bjork

Post by Bruce Bjork »

Chord ai will play all kinds of media, your music, YouTube, Spotify etc and display the chords, Spark does the same.
Banjo, Dobro, Guild D-40, Telecaster, Justice Pro Lite 3x5, BOSS Katana 100, Peavey Nashville 112 in a Tommy Huff cabinet, Spark, FreeLoader, Baby Bloomer, Peterson StroboPlus HD, Stage One VP.
"Use the talents you possess; the woods would be very silent indeed if no birds sang but the best"