Bud's Bounce?

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Al Evans

Bud's Bounce?

Post by Al Evans »

The Buddy Emmons "Basic C6th" course includes a "Bud's Bounce Solo" that doesn't seem to be closely related to "Bud's Bounce" as played by Bud Isaacs.

I've seen somewhere that Buddy's version is on his "white album", but I have no idea where to find that. I would love to hear Buddy's version as a whole.

Can anybody give me any information on where I might find it?

Thanks!

--Al Evans
2018 MSA Legend, 2018 ZumSteel Encore, 2015 Mullen G2, G&L S-500, G&L ASAT, G&L LB-100, Godin A4 Fretless, Kinscherff High Noon
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Al -

Buddy Emmonds (sic) does Bud's Bounce on the Flying Fish record with the rainbow and the basket weave guitar on the front - it's part of the medley, side 1, song 2. Try eBay.

Al Evans

Post by Al Evans »

Frank Freniere wrote:Al -

Buddy Emmonds (sic) does Bud's Bounce on the Flying Fish record with the rainbow and the basket weave guitar on the front - it's part of the medley, side 1, song 2. Try eBay.

Thanks -- I was able to buy a digital copy from Amazon. Unfortunately, the version of Bud's Bounce it includes doesn't seem to have the solo shown in "Basic C6th". Ah well, so it goes... :D

--Al Evans
2018 MSA Legend, 2018 ZumSteel Encore, 2015 Mullen G2, G&L S-500, G&L ASAT, G&L LB-100, Godin A4 Fretless, Kinscherff High Noon
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

It's a C6 improvisation over that chord progression, without much preservation of the original melody. It'll fit if you play it as your second solo! And good luck playing it at the usual tempo for that tune, at least to start.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Here's the "rather simple" Emmons' medley version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd0XfOmMSwM

Jimmy Day jazzes it up a little in this old version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MueEDe3N0TI
Al Evans

Post by Al Evans »

Ken Pippus wrote:It's a C6 improvisation over that chord progression, without much preservation of the original melody. It'll fit if you play it as your second solo! And good luck playing it at the usual tempo for that tune, at least to start.
Thanks! It seems to fit over the fiddle solo.:D

I have Anytune Pro, so I've got it marked, looped, and set to 40% tempo. I can (barely) play it at that speed. (It's the same as 50% of the tempo on the Basic C6th version.)

--Al Evans