Does anyone run 2 speakers with the Tone Block 202?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Robinson

Does anyone run 2 speakers with the Tone Block 202?

Post by Roger Robinson »

The Tone Block 202 manual shows you can run two 8 ohm speakers from the 202. Has anyone tried that?

I have two TT12 speakers and I'm considering trying a 202.
Roy Carroll

Post by Roy Carroll »

I run 2 speakers sometimes. They are both TT12's. Good sound.
No issues with the 202 You can plug one into the 4 ohm and one into the 8 ohm. Plenty of volume from that amp.
Just north of the Weird place, south of Georgetown
Roger Robinson

Post by Roger Robinson »

Do you use any other effects pedals with the 202, reverb or delay?

This past few months I've been using an Evans ESPA or a Stereo Steel preamp with a TC M-One XL for reverb/delay.
I've not read any posts with mention of effects with the 202.
Roy Carroll

Post by Roy Carroll »

Sorry, I just saw this. I run #1 Keeley compressor (almost off) #2 Bo-Bro (dobro simulator)
#3 Boss delay #4 Wetverb. I sometimes use the amp reverb instead of the Wetverb. All hooked up in that order.
The amp reverb is as good, sometimes the Wetverb fits my ear better depending on the place. I don't use too much of the Delay or Reverb. I have other pedals like an organ simulator and a chorus that I sometimes use depending on the gig or recording. They never affect the 202 at all. The 202 is the best thing I have found for what I was looking for with the TT12.
Just north of the Weird place, south of Georgetown
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

I have occasionally used a TT12 (8 Ohms) and a TT15 (4 Ohms); yessir.
David Haugereid

Post by David Haugereid »

Hi Roger.
I just got mine Toneblock 202 with two TT12`s cabinet. I just love the size and weight of it. I'm struggling little with the mid range frequency. But I also now there is some break in time for the speakers.
Some say 24 hour, som 72 and some 100 hour. Right now I'm playing some old Loyd Green music and some Victor Wotton bas solos thru the speakers :D

I`m also looking after a good parametric pedal with q factor, where I can tame the 800 hz frequency, like I could with the NV112. Do anybody out there have any experience with that kind of pedals. I`ll be glad to hear from you.

David :)
Mullen G2 SD10, Mullen G2 D10, Quilter 202 TT12, TT12 Cab, Hilton, Nashville 112, W/ EPC 12 speakers, T.C Flashback delay, Neunaber Wet Reverb, BJS bars, Steelers Choise seat.
Steve Rosko

Post by Steve Rosko »

Jim, have you noticed whether the 15 is any louder that the 12? I’m doing the same thing, but with a Tone Block 200. I think The 15’s a little louder, but our guitar player could barely tell the difference.
84 Emmons D10 PP, MSA D10, Hilton, Little Walter PF89, PF-350 cabs, blueSky, BJS
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

Steve Rosko wrote:Jim, have you noticed whether the 15 is any louder that the 12? I’m doing the same thing, but with a Tone Block 200. I think The 15’s a little louder, but our guitar player could barely tell the difference.
Steve - It sounds pretty balanced from where I sit. I don't know whether there is a difference farther away, like where an audience sits.