Herby Remington website

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Herby Remington website

Post by Jean-Sebastien Gauthier »

I'm looking for A6 western swing material to learn and I remembered that Herby Remington used to have lots of educational material for sale on is website but it seems to be gone.

Anybody can help me with that?

https://remingtonsteelguitars.com
Jesse Valdez

Post by Jesse Valdez »

Use the way back machine, I don’t think it’s available for sale anymore so you might have to find other people who had bought it before to sell it to you. You should
Be able to see the website on the way back machine though.
Steel Guitar Slinger w/ The Malpass Brothers
Lloyd Graves

Post by Lloyd Graves »

I had totally forgot about the way back machine!

Still, that would only allow access to the website, not to get the material. Did Herb have family (that would have access)? Is a shame that all that stuff seems to be gone now.
Rich Gibson

Post by Rich Gibson »

I found this on the reso site https://dobrojoe.com/dobro_school.html
If you scroll down there’s a lot of 8 string G6 swing arrangements easily transposed to A6.
Great stuff.
G Strout

Remington A6

Post by G Strout »

Jean,
Texas Music Supply had a bunch of Herbies' stuff at one time. Not sure if they still stock it. I have his A6 Non Pedal instruction Course Volumes 1 and 2 around here somewhere.
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Joe A. Roberts

Post by Joe A. Roberts »

It sounds like b0b used to carry it… I wonder if he knows anything about it?

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... 1b140766b2

It’s a shame really for this to disappear into the nether!
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Jesse Valdez wrote:Use the way back machine, I don’t think it’s available for sale anymore so you might have to find other people who had bought it before to sell it to you. You should
Be able to see the website on the way back machine though.
What’s the way back machine?
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Re: Remington A6

G Strout wrote:Jean,
Texas Music Supply had a bunch of Herbies' stuff at one time. Not sure if they still stock it. I have his A6 Non Pedal instruction Course Volumes 1 and 2 around here somewhere.
Hey Gabrielle, I’m going to Florida this week! If you consider selling it maybe we can meet

While I’m there, do you know any cool place I have to go? Any live music?

I’m used to travel to Texas and New-Orleans and at those place you are sure to hear well and see amazing band any days but I don’t know Florida.

Thanks!
Dennis Saydak

Post by Dennis Saydak »

Hey Jean; Make sure you avoid the Alligators, Pythons & Tegus while in Florida. They don't do much for steel guitars but they do make nice footware. :lol:
Dennis
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race, the rats get faster.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Joe A. Roberts wrote:It sounds like b0b used to carry it… I wonder if he knows anything about it?

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=97003

It’s a shame really for this to disappear into the nether!
I sold out of those courses years ago. Herb had beautiful tab penmanship!
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Herb had two A6 VHS instructional tapes (part 1 & part 2) that he and the late Rick Alexander produced.....it was called "Tuff Fun Tab".....I believe that I have those tapes.......being the fantastic master of the A6 tuning that I have become ( :lol: ), I no longer need those tapes.....they are at my NYC address and I will be there after Dec 26.....you can contact me or I'll contact you when I'm back in NY......
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Dennis Saydak wrote:Hey Jean; Make sure you avoid the Alligators, Pythons & Tegus while in Florida. They don't do much for steel guitars but they do make nice footware. :lol:

Just made the Everglades and still alive and well!
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

HowardR wrote:Herb had two A6 VHS instructional tapes (part 1 & part 2) that he and the late Rick Alexander produced.....it was called "Tuff Fun Tab".....I believe that I have those tapes.......being the fantastic master of the A6 tuning that I have become ( :lol: ), I no longer need those tapes.....they are at my NYC address and I will be there after Dec 26.....you can contact me or I'll contact you when I'm back in NY......
WoW!! I take them!! Thanks a lot! I will contact you!
John B Blair

Post by John B Blair »

Herb's videos are still available at www.texasmusicsupply.com . I just purchased both volumes this year. I did contact his son earlier this year to see if he had any material....he was going to look around, but I never heard back.
My mother, and former Bob Wills' Texas Playboy Ramona Reed
https://www.facebook.com/Ramona-Reed-239501745715/
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

John B Blair wrote:Herb's videos are still available at www.texasmusicsupply.com . I just purchased both volumes this year. I did contact his son earlier this year to see if he had any material....he was going to look around, but I never heard back.
I ordered the 2 dvd! Thanks a lot!
Morgan Scoggins

Remington song Files

Post by Morgan Scoggins »

I have a lot of the Remington materials, mostly from his Fun Tab 1 and Fun Tab2 books.
I was able to hook up with Herb back in about 2007 and spent a lot of good instructional time with him via long distance calls from me to him. He was a great guy and I miss him.
The materials include about fifty of Herbs arrangements of mostly Western Swing songs. They are copies of the original
handwritten tabs by Herb.
If you are interested I will arrange to get them to you and you can keep them for a while and return them to me later.
Two CD's are included.
"Shoot low boys, the're ridin' Shetlands"
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Re: Remington song Files

Morgan Scoggins wrote:I have a lot of the Remington materials, mostly from his Fun Tab 1 and Fun Tab2 books.
I was able to hook up with Herb back in about 2007 and spent a lot of good instructional time with him via long distance calls from me to him. He was a great guy and I miss him.
The materials include about fifty of Herbs arrangements of mostly Western Swing songs. They are copies of the original
handwritten tabs by Herb.
If you are interested I will arrange to get them to you and you can keep them for a while and return them to me later.
Two CD's are included.
I’m interested for sure!
Danny Roy

Post by Danny Roy »

If anyone else has some of Herbie’s material that Jean-Sebastien doesn’t buy(aside from his 2 instructional DVD’s) I will happily take it off of your hands.