Italian Steel Cover interest

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Joe Krumel

Clear cover

Post by Joe Krumel »

FWIW, At one of scottys conventions,if memory serves me,I picked up a soft semi clear Emmons cover. Used it on old wood Bud. No issues,used it for a long time.It was very soft and pliable plastic,with yellow lettering.like ron said,be cautious with plastic and lacquer.
Clark Connell

steel guitar cover

Post by Clark Connell »

Do you you have a cover that is black as night, double thick and has built in air freshener scent??? ....cuz my guitar is ugly and smells....
Rains D-10 8X8 Black
Rains D-10 8X8 Mahogany
Emmons Lashley LeGrand II 8X8 Black(of

Emmons LeGrand II Lacquer 8X8 Two Tone tan & brown, Show Pro D-10 Red Lacquer 8X8
Show Pro 8X8, red lacquer
Evans FET 500, Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Vegas 400, Webb 6-14E, 1965 Black-face Fender Twin Reverb,Sho-Bud Amp Profex II, Sarno Black Box, Sarno Tube Preamp, Blue Tube Preamp,MosValve 500 Power Amp, Lab Series L5 Amp, Quilter Power Block 200
Peter Roush

Post by Peter Roush »

Jim Fogle ! Harold sold me my Dekely D10 in 1980 in Columbus Oh. I still play it. Regards. -Pete Roush
George Frachiseur

Sand storm

Post by George Frachiseur »

Lol Sounds like your steel guitar is not worth much to ya! A good cover for a (High Dollar Steel) is a good idea but of course its not a good idea to buy a cover that cost more than your steel does! So, its' going to depend on the individual and what they think of their AXE! lol
Dick Chapple Sr

See through cover.

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

I have very nice covers for both my pedal steels.
I like the idea of a see through on top to discourage the idea that my covered guitars become tabletops to put things on and lean on. and yes I have a warning sign on them to please not put anything on the guitar or lean on it.

How about a cover that is clear only on top? Perhaps one that can be rolled up and tied into a tube when not in use to avoid folds?
:) :)
Leigh Pollari

Post by Leigh Pollari »

Duck,

That certainly can be done! Leigh
Dick Chapple Sr

covers

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

With a clear top only, then lots of design work, logos, names, letters etc could look very nice on the sides of the covers.

I am chuckling at "Duck", didn't know if I should duck or not to your possible reply......hahahaa.
Spellcheck just kills me with what comes up sometimes.
:) :eek: :whoa: :)
Leigh Pollari

Duck

Post by Leigh Pollari »

Oh My Gosh!!!!
Jim Fogle

Post by Jim Fogle »

Peter Roush wrote:Jim Fogle ! Harold sold me my Dekely D10 in 1980 in Columbus Oh. I still play it. Regards. -Pete Roush
Hey Pete,

Thanks for sharing that information with me. It's always great to run across someone that remembers my brother. Obviously a quality instrument since you still have it and play it.

I'm sorry to take so long to respond but I just came across your post.
Remembering Harold Fogle (1945-1999) Pedal Steel Player
Dell laptop Win 10, i3, 8GB, 480GB
2023 BiaB UltraPlus PAK
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

I kinda like "Ducks" clear top Idea. A small area with clear material would keep it off the finish,but still let the guitar be seen.
Ray Frady

Clear covers

Post by Ray Frady »

I have one I bought from Bobbe Seymour probably 20 years ago. I use it to cover my GFI. Hasn’t discolored or done anything to the mica .
Ray Frady
Show Pro D-10, GFI SD-10 Ultra, ShoBud Maverick, Quilter Steelaire, Nashville 1000, Nashville 112, Steelers Choice, Hilton Pedal.