1954 Fender Mk1 T8 Stringmaster *New Price*

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Danny Roy

1954 Fender Mk1 T8 Stringmaster *New Price*

Post by Danny Roy »

I'm too far deep into short scale playing, so I decided sell my 1954 MK1 26" long scale T8 Stringmaster. Not a closet queen, but a true player that's ready to go for another 70 years. Sustain for days!!! The pickups were falling apart and the wiring was not original, so I got all six pickups rebuilt by Nick Fryer and they are spectacular. All new wiring harness with CTS pots, quality 22AWG wire, Switchcraft output jack, grounds and shielding. The slider switches are original. It is wired like it was originally, with the tone/blend pot configuration. I also had a Hatton Tweed case made for it with beautiful crushed velvet interior. The chrome is in excellent condition for a heavy player. The telescopic legs works great. As you can see, I was originally planning on keeping it with all the extra money and time I put into it, but I'm a short scaler now and it does not suit my playing style. It's sitting there waiting for a new home. I may have 3 hours of play on it since the pickups, wiring and case were upgraded. It is currently setup with brand new strings in C6. A6 and baritone E/A6 tuning on the far neck. There is no original case.
New price $2200US, plus shipping. Willing to ship anywhere. It is professionally packed in a guitar box.

Last edited by Danny Roy on 14 Nov 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Whitlock

Post by Tim Whitlock »

The case in the photo is not included?
Danny Roy

Post by Danny Roy »

Yes, the new Hatton case is included.
Danny Roy

Post by Danny Roy »

TTT with $300 off the original price. :-)
Walter Glockler

Post by Walter Glockler »

Is it still for sale?
Danny Roy

Please Close Listing

Post by Danny Roy »

No sorry, it sold somewhere else. Please close this listing. Thanks.