Zirctone - New Production Zirconia Tonebars For Sale

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Al Evans

Post by Al Evans »

Got mine yesterday at noon, and spent the afternoon and evening playing with it on two different guitars.

I can't find anything not to like about it. Feel, tone, and smoothness are just great. I think I'll find it well worth the money.

Thanks, Mark!

--Al Evans
2018 MSA Legend, 2018 ZumSteel Encore, 2015 Mullen G2, G&L S-500, G&L ASAT, G&L LB-100, Godin A4 Fretless, Kinscherff High Noon
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Yesterday I played a little gig at the Gardiner N.Y. library and got to really put the Zirctone through it's paces and I absolutely love it!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Dale Foreman

Zirc bars

Post by Dale Foreman »

I currently use BJS 15/16” 12 string bar. Put me down for a 12 string Zirc bar when you get some made.
Dale
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Ray Frady

Post by Ray Frady »

I’d be interested in a 15/16” 10 string bar.
Ray Frady
Show Pro D-10, GFI SD-10 Ultra, ShoBud Maverick, Quilter Steelaire, Nashville 1000, Nashville 112, Steelers Choice, Hilton Pedal.
Allen Merrell

Post by Allen Merrell »

Got my bar today. Mine had 012 on it which I assume is the serial number along with my initials now this one will have trouble sprouting legs and walking off.
I must say it felt light and I am more accustomed to using a heavier bar so I gave it a try. Man, this bar is fantastic. I don't know that it is for everyone but for someone who always thought you had to have a metal bar or chrome plated bar this one made a confirmed believer out of hard headed me. Thanks Mark.
72 ShoBud 6153 D10, Encore, Nashville 112, Boss Katana, Spark 40, Quilter TT12, GT001, ProFex II,Jackson Pitch changer (Love this bender)
George Macdonald

Zirctone bar

Post by George Macdonald »

My 7/8 bar arrived yesterday. [ # 10 ] A few months ago I sold a 15/16 "Packard" zirconia bar that wasn't being used because I found that after years of using larger bars, the 7/8 bars were more comfortable for me. This Zirctone bar is fantastic. Thanks M Horton Smith for taking on this project.
Pete Bailey

Post by Pete Bailey »

I received my 7/8" Zirctone bar from Mark this week, lucky #13. It's great. Silky smooth and light in the hand (173 grams / 6.1 oz).

The ceramic material seemed to produce a slightly warmer tone (not better, just different) than my 7/8" BJS (240 grams / 8.47 oz) despite the lesser weight.

Running through my regular exercises, I was surprised at how quickly and accurately I could get on fret with it. Two thumbs up!
Morton Kellas

Post by Morton Kellas »

Mark is going to get me a 7/8" bar as soon as he can, I really could use the lighter weight due to severe thumb arthritis. I am so thankful that Mark is making these great bars.
Jerry Van Hoose

Post by Jerry Van Hoose »

Image Mine was delivered this morning #021. Extremely smooth, perfect weight, increased clarity, easier to get bar slants (and I’ve never been that good at em), just an excellent feel to it, outstanding overall quality. Thanks Mark!
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Nice bar, Mark. Thanks.

Karl Kononchuk

Zirctone 15/16

Post by Karl Kononchuk »

I want to order a 15/16 bar. Looks perfect. Unsure how to proceed.
Charley Bond

Zirc Bar

Post by Charley Bond »

I've had lots of bars, someone on the SGF sold me their Zirc Bar... absolutely the best ever. I have 2-3-4 bars I change out with for certain songs or different sounds, but Zirkey is my fave.... I may buy one of the man's products, just to say I have one...
Steel Guitar players are members of a Special Family
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

I have a Zirctone. It's great, and has become my main bar. I have a couple of Ed Packard's zirc bars, which are also outstanding, but the 7/8 diameter and the recess in the back make the difference for me.

Dave
memphislim

Post by memphislim »

Are you planning on any 1" bars?
Fred Thompson

Post by Fred Thompson »

When the 12 string bars are available, put me down for a 7/8' or 15/16".. Which ever is available.
Thanks.

Fred
Last edited by Fred Thompson on 25 Jun 2022 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a musician and a savings bond is eventually the bond will mature and earn money.
Luke Bergman

Post by Luke Bergman »

I’d also be interested in a 12-string bar.
Danny Sherbon

Zirc Bar

Post by Danny Sherbon »

I would like to be on your list for a 15/16 12 string bar.
dsherb1952@yahoo.com
MSA Millennium D10, Justice SD 10 Patriot, Rittenberry Prestige,
Tonic,Quilter Mach 3, Nashville 112, Telonics and Hilton Pedal, MPX-1, Pro-Fex
Karl Kononchuk

Zirctone wait list

Post by Karl Kononchuk »

Please put me on the list for 10 string 15/16
Karl Kononchuk

Zirctone wait list

Post by Karl Kononchuk »

Also put me down for a 7/8 bar for 10 string.
George Redmon

Post by George Redmon »

Danny, you can go on the list for a 15/16 12 String Bar right behind me. :lol:
Roy Carroll

Post by Roy Carroll »

Please add me to the list for a 12 string 7/8 bar. Looking forward to it.
Just north of the Weird place, south of Georgetown
M Horton Smith

Post by M Horton Smith »

Friends,

Thank you for the kind words and positive reviews so far! I'm beyond thrilled people are enjoying the performance of the bars.

Just a quick update on availability - I am currently all sold out of both the 7/8" and 15/16" 10-string bars. I am in the process of getting the next run together which will include more sizes (in small, limited quantities). As we get closer, I will post more information. I expect the next run to become available towards the end of this year or beginning of 2022 (roughly). Please send me an email (zirctone@gmail.com) to secure your spot on the list for purchase. Thank you for your patience and interest.

Best,
Mark
M Horton Smith

Post by M Horton Smith »

I just wanted to give an update for those of you who are patiently waiting and on the list. I haven't forgotten you!

Unfortunately I'm having some real difficulty with material supply. I was hoping to have the next batch done by now (as posted earlier), but have been delayed due to factors totally outside my control. Feels like the old one step forward, two steps back.

I suspect it will be a month or two down the road before I can deliver the next run. I'm sorry about that, but this material is complicated and I want these bars to be the best quality possible.

Sizes eventually coming are:

3/4 Dia. x 2 7/8" L - Jerry Byrd style lap steel
7/8 Dia. x 10-string 3 3/8" L
7/8 Dia. x 12-string 3 9/16" L
15/16 Dia. x 10-string 3 3/8" L
15/16 Dia. x 12-string 3 9/16" L

I will let you all know when I have a better answer. I'm working on it the best I can. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

If you have a question in the meantime, feel free to reach out (zirctone@gmail.com)

Best,

Mark
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I am interested in one of your Jerry Byrd bars.
Keep me informed.
Thanks, :D
Erv
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

On the Byrd style bars, are you planning to do the more conical nose or a standard hemisphere type nose? I have one of the more conical BJS bars, and it's really sweet.

BTW, I'm really enjoying the bar I got from you. It's become my primary pedal steel bar.

Thanks,
Dave