Black Diamond D9th Strings

New products of interest to steel guitarists
b0b

Black Diamond D9th Strings

Post by b0b »

I've packaged some Black Diamond singles into D9th Pedal Steel sets. If you play D9th or are just now switching to it for the lower tones, these are worth a try.
our test player wrote:- the set feels good- I love the D9 range- the tension feels about right
[...]
- I could get poetic about the sound, but I'll just say it was right- what I'm used to, no marked difference compared to the sets I put together myself
[...]
- I like the wound/plain A/B pedal moves- when I moved to D9 I had to re-time the two together- the new set didn't need any additional help. Definitely a mater of taste- two plains are smoother, and come out sounding a little compressed compared to wound/plain.
[...]
In conclusion: great set- obviously can't speak to longevity yet, but they went on easily and feel and sound right.

<center>
www.steelguitarshopper.com/d9th-black-diamond-strings/

</center>
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

When time permits, I'm going to use those strings and switch to D9th.
I like the tonal qualities of the C6th strings and because I mostly play a single neck E9th these days, the slightly thicker gauged strings gives me some tones I like from the C6h strings.
Less breakage too.
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5
b0b

Post by b0b »

I have not had a single string break since I lowered my tuning to D, about 12 years ago. I like the tone better, too. :D
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

Excellent!
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5