Pedal Steel.us 2003

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jerry Overstreet

Pedal Steel.us 2003

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Anybody else remember this? I have the first, and I guess the only, issue of this mag by Terry Wendt and associates from 2003.

This is the only issue I ever got and I assume there were no others put out but would like to have it if so.

I always enjoy picking up an actual print magazine to thumb through, review stories, articles and help sections.

I have all the Steel Guitarist and Steel Guitar World magazines and many of the ISGC programs which I regularly peruse. Valuable reading and reference for me.
Jon Voth

Post by Jon Voth »

No, but just to chat-I do have the set of Steel Guitarist (from the forum store) and it's a joy. The look of it and the writing style takes me back to magazines I had as a young child. Sometimes I'll google people's names and products from the ads. It's fun and I'm glad they're still available.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

From what I understand and have read, six issues were published.
Mike Bacciarini

Post by Mike Bacciarini »

Wish I could find the rest of these.....

MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.
Jerry Overstreet

Donny Hinson wrote:From what I understand and have read, six issues were published.
There were 6 issues of the SG magazine, one of which is a double, but this is the only issue of the pedalsteel.us that I've seen. I was on their mailing list so....just curious.

Maybe Shorty Rogers would know since he was one of the people involved with it.
Ronald Sikes

Post by Ronald Sikes »

I’m glad you guys got yours. I signed up and prepaid for a 6 month subscription, sort of a faith commitment , to kick start the venture. Got ripped off and never received a single copy from Terry Wendt.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats
Peter Johannisse

Post by Peter Johannisse »

Jerry Overstreet

Didn't get that one Peter, did you receive any other issues and how do you acquire them. Thanks. I only received the one issue in my post.

Ronald, I'm pretty sure I opted for a subscription also, but that was nearly 20 yrs. ago and my memory lags.