"Sho-Bud Style" LDG Mica SD12 5x5 **(SOLD Please Close)**

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Len Cascia

"Sho-Bud Style" LDG Mica SD12 5x5 **(SOLD Please Close)**

Post by Len Cascia »

Here's my "Sho-Bud" SD12 up for sale. Please note that this was NOT built in ShoBud Factory so should be considered a well built "Partscaster".
The guitar is basically in the condition I got it 15 +- yrs ago (Very Good) except for me adding a new lambskin leather pad and a Jerry Wallace TruTone. Was Ext E9 when I got it, converted to C6 (modified), but pretty easy to change/test copedents/setups. Be happy to answer any questions. *** Please Note: I CANNOT physically ship this guitar so the sale has to be Local Pickup. Come inspect, play and purchase, $1300 Cash or o.b.o. ***
Last edited by Len Cascia on 27 Aug 2021 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

I don't know the history of this Bud, but this is one cool Bud.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Len you stated:
Please note that I am unsure if this was built by Sho-Bud or created from Sho-Bud parts after the fact.
Well I have a good idea what this Pedal Steel guitar is; but this is YOUR Sale and it's not polite for me to put up info on your post. You can email me questions and I have probably the answer(s)(there's no proof of answers really; from Sho~bud history; other than some stuff Gene Haugh has on serial numbers and credits; but I've spoken to Shot Jackson; Duane Marrs; Paul Franklin Sr....etc in my years of search for some answers).
my email> sshawaiian@austin.rr.com
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Len Cascia

Post by Len Cascia »

Hi Ricky, So nice of you to comment. Please feel free to elaborate here as much or as little as you'd like. Can't think of anyone more knowledgeable in the Sho-Bud realm, and over the years your contributions to SGF are always greatly appreciated.
Len Cascia

Post by Len Cascia »

Johnnie you too, thanks for the post.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

OK;
Hey Len; yeah certainly this could be some handiwork from Seymour or there about; but here’s a normal description of this steel and certainly Seymour’s shop was later there in Madisonville/Nashville and this steel could of made it that way later.
So basically this is a Homemade body and the parts do look Sho-Bud made(casted and no pre-drill for headstock…etc. and those are “Stickers” on the outside for “Sho~bud and “LDG” as you can see some of the Shobud sticker has peeled away…ha….because originally they are “Water Decals” under Lacquer and these are NOT and of course; Any “LDG” with “MODEL” under should be per endorsement Emerald Green or should have “SP” for special paint if not meeting endorsement. I think this is another pedal steel made by a assembler at Sho-bud that of course is a musician(on road break) and he took “PAY” per parts; which they did do that for musicians if they wanted; but they had to build it away from shop…ha…
Also 12-string was never considered in the “LDG MODEL” endorsement made. But calling this a “LDG” in the fact that is the style; single neck on double frame; is certainly fine by me for description…ah…ha.
After looking through all the photos(thanks Len); this is a WELL put together SD-12 and I don't see ANY reason this doesn't play and sound AWESOME....especially with my Late friend and Sho~bud pickup design partner Jerry Wallace; who made that special 12-string TrueTone Pickup.....WOW.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Len Cascia

Post by Len Cascia »

Bump!
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

PM+email sent
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Fred Civian

nice instrument!

Post by Fred Civian »

PM just sent
Fred from Dedham
Len Cascia

Post by Len Cascia »

SOLD!