Pennsylvania Roll Call

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

tim duvall

Post by tim duvall »

Greensburg, PA here. Got my first setup years ago from Joe Minor who posted earlier. White MSA D10 with a session 500 amp. I was told I had the heaviest setup I could possibly get LOL
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Please don't forget my good friend Wayne Addleman from State College...he's been playing for Trace Atkins for years ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

I'm reviving this thread because there are a couple who aren't on here and are gone. I'm from Camp Hill PA...but we have lost Wayne Wallet and Fred Amendola. A big loss for PA Steelers.
Carter D10 9 x 5, Nashville 112, Goodrich L10K
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Dave Van Allen in Doylestown

Jack Stanton is in South Jersey......but close enough.
b0b

Post by b0b »

tim duvall wrote:Greensburg, PA here. Got my first setup years ago from Joe Minor who posted earlier. White MSA D10 with a session 500 amp. I was told I had the heaviest setup I could possibly get LOL
I was in Greensburg just yesterday. 8)
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

That's a long way from California!
Carter D10 9 x 5, Nashville 112, Goodrich L10K
Bill Groner

Post by Bill Groner »

I build them, I'm interested in them, but don't really consider myself a steel player.......maybe if you use the term as loosely as one possibly can, then maybe! Quakertown, PA is where I hang my hat. :D
Currently own, 6 Groner-tone lap steels, one 1953 Alamo Lap steel, Roland Cube, Fender Champion 40
Dave Welch

Post by Dave Welch »

Recently moved (last November) from Tampa area to Latrobe (just east of Greensburg). Was hoping to get out to the Alwine Center to sit in and pick with the folks down there where they usually have a weekly Thursday night jam. I've been there a few years back and sat in on guitar and lap steel and it was very enjoyable. Only problem now is everything is on hold during all this stuff going on with the virus, so it looks like I'll just have to wait a while until things get better. Anyway, count me in the group...
Psalm 33:2 Maybe they did have steels back then...
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Interesting to see this one bumped.
Roy Peterman wrote:Hi Dave, I just played at the State Theatre in State College Saturday night with David Zentner.
Roy, David was looking for a guitarist some years back when I was going through some severe trials and tribulations, and we never got together on it, unfortunately. I play the State Theatre periodically.
Please don't forget my good friend Wayne Addleman from State College...he's been playing for Trace Atkins for years
Wayne's definitely from here, but he's been down in Nashville for a pretty long time now. He was part of a locally legendary band called Tahoka Freeway, but that was before my time here, and I've been here over 30 years now.
Only problem now is everything is on hold during all this stuff going on with the virus ,,,
Two years ago we had a sort of mini steel guitar show down in Belleville, right in the heart of North Central PA Amish country. If we can ever get past this coronavirus mess, I'll try to help get something going again. But the local pols put some pretty draconian restrictions on even outdoor gatherings at this point. 10 total people in a residential property, 25 total people in a park. That's outdoors, yikes.
Barry Yasika

Pa.

Post by Barry Yasika »

I live in the Lehigh Valley. Bethlehem to be exact.
Emmons
b0b

Post by b0b »

I grew up in Irwin, 20 miles east of Pittsburgh. I'm a North Californian now.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

The late great George Edwards was from the Philadelphia area. He worked with Les Severs in Pa. and went to Nashville with Hank Williams Jr. He worked with a few Nashville artists and retired on Dec.31, 2000 after 25 years with Kitty Wells and Johnny Wright. Unfortunately he suffered a stroke and heart attack 16 days after he retired and never played out again.
Sorry to jump onto this post with things most of us know, but George is more than worthy of an occasional remembrance. George was my friend, Thanks.
Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

George was as warm, friendly and genuine as a human being could be. The pride of Feasterville, PA!
Jon Jaffe

Post by Jon Jaffe »

I grew up in Philly and my first steel gig was at the TLA on South Street in '73. I'm in Austin now. Fly Eagles Fly.
Dennis Rehrig

roll call

Post by Dennis Rehrig »

DENNIS REHRIG HERE IN WALNUTPORT PA.
IF YOU AIN'T DUTCH YOU AIN'T MUCH.
John Palumbo

Post by John Palumbo »

Phila. area, Lansdale, PA
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Not sure if I posted in here......but Philly boy here.
DJ Demangone

Post by DJ Demangone »

I'm just getting started with Pedal Steel but I'm in Pittsburgh, originally from Latrobe. I may be reaching out to some of you that are local.
Andrew Wright

Post by Andrew Wright »

Any active members near Lancaster, PA? I have a bit of an unusual request...would be willing to pay someone to "babysit" a pedal steel for me for 2 1/2 months.
John Kubicek

Post by John Kubicek »

I live in Arona, born and raised in Youngwood
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Bill Myers wrote:I'm reviving this thread because there are a couple who aren't on here and are gone. I'm from Camp Hill PA...but we have lost Wayne Wallet and Fred Amendola. A big loss for PA Steelers.
Add Harry "Hap" Hatterer from York to those that have passed on.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Brian Herder

Post by Brian Herder »

Walking distance to Philly.
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Brian Herder wrote:Walking distance to Philly.

Hey Brian.......are you still working with The Miners? I play with Travel Lanes. We met at the WCL breast cancer benefit a couple years back.

Good to see you here!
Brian Herder

Post by Brian Herder »

Hi Jim! Yeah.. playing with them next month. Hopefully our paths cross soon!
Michael Whitmire

Post by Michael Whitmire »

Complete amateur here, but currently in Kingston. Few months I’ll be a few miles north in Pittston. I haven’t seen much action towards this way but things are still fresh from the previous year. Hoping to be able to start seeing some locals out playing here shortly.