Emmons PP SD-10 4x4

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Igor Fiksman

Emmons PP SD-10 4x4

Post by Igor Fiksman »

Beautiful Emmons Push Pull 4x4 SD10. MSA super sustain pickup. This guitar sounds, plays and feels amazing. Vintage Emmons tone to the bone. It was recently completely gone through by Billy Knowles at Steel Guitars East, a widely regarded Emmons guru. Mr.Knowles added and replaced all the necessary parts including replacing non-original knee assemblies with correct ones and mechanically tweaked and adjusted every raise and lower and set up a Franklin change on pedal 4. Thousand bucks later guitar plays like factory new, smooth as butter and sounds even better. Here's your chance to own a classic without worrying about gambling on usual used guitar headaches and mechanical issues. Comes with it's original hard case in excellent condition. $3600 plus shipping. Will be packed properly in hard foam on all sides and insured.
Image [/img]
Last edited by Igor Fiksman on 30 May 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHO-BUD Professional SD-10 Black, SHO-BUD Pro III Custom D-10 Red, Goodrich Matchbox 6A, Steeler's Choice seat, Quilter Steelaire Amps.
John Goux

Post by John Goux »

Very nice. I think a prospective buyer would like to know the setup of the knees, if this is a conversion, and what year it is.
John
Mike DiAlesandro

Post by Mike DiAlesandro »

Nice guitar, I had a S-10 with that same white mica, can't remember the name Emmons called it, great guitars, mid 70's I'm guessing. Here is the S-10.

Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

John- to me it looks like std. Emmons pedals w a Franklin 5,6,and 10 on P4, E raises LKL, E lowers LKR, RKL raises 1,2 and lowers 6, and RKR lowers 2 and 9.
Igor Fiksman

Post by Igor Fiksman »

Jim Palenscar - great eye! Right on the money on the copedent. I'm not an Emmons expert, but Mr. Knowles said he thinks it's a factory SD10 based on prefix of the serial number. I will post a serial number shortly, so anyone who knows can comment on what year they think it is.
SHO-BUD Professional SD-10 Black, SHO-BUD Pro III Custom D-10 Red, Goodrich Matchbox 6A, Steeler's Choice seat, Quilter Steelaire Amps.
Igor Fiksman

Post by Igor Fiksman »

Serial number is 1002 with letters ST stamped about an inch to the right of the serial. If anyone knows what year this guitar was built please chime in.
Igor Fiksman

Post by Igor Fiksman »

Bump up for price reduction. Can anyone tell the year from the serial number?
Ricky Thompson

Steel

Post by Ricky Thompson »

Pm sent
Ricky Thompson

Steel

Post by Ricky Thompson »

Pm sent
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Nice Emmons
Igor Fiksman

Post by Igor Fiksman »

Thanks Johnie! Someone needs to hurry up and grab this one. Sounds and plays like a dream and freshly set up by the best!