New style silver picks for steel guitar

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Ron Landis

New style silver picks for steel guitar

Post by Ron Landis »

After many months of developing tooling, I'm pleased to announce we now have our new silver fingerpicks into production. The new model is similar to our original "Shield" design but is only available with the "Classic" blade style or thinner. This model has a larger shield that can be engraved with larger designs such as 2 and 3 letter monograms and other design elements.

The bands have been redesigned so they can be shortened without cutting into the ornamental work that Landis Picks are known for.

And of course, these new picks also feature our Patent Pending "Death Grip" liners. A series of raised teeth that eliminate slipping.

Sterling silver blades produce superior tone for steel guitar and banjo.

But possibly the most notable improvement is that the tooling is more precise and eliminates a great deal of hand work to finish them. This means a price reduction of 16% -- Better Quality at lower prices.

https://www.landisstudios.net/product-p ... sic-shield

Last edited by Ron Landis on 26 Feb 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Landis

Post by Ron Landis »

Custom set made for a meteorologist / musician

Andrew Goulet

Post by Andrew Goulet »

These are absolutely gorgeous!
Marlen S12 and a ZT Club
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

I would love to try a pair if you have a try them program. would gladly pay shipping both ways to try a sample pair before ordering
Ron Landis

Post by Ron Landis »

Bo Borland wrote:I would love to try a pair if you have a try them program. would gladly pay shipping both ways to try a sample pair before ordering
We have money back guarantee. Try them and if there's anything about them that's not right for you, I'll be happy to modify them by altering the shape of the blade, shorten the bands , exchange them for a different style. Or just return for full refund, even with engraved initials. More unusual custom picks that can't be re-sold are the exception.
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

Last edited by Carl Williams on 5 Jun 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Landis

Post by Ron Landis »

I edited the first post and took out the sentence about longer blades. I designed them 1/16" longer, but for some reason, the digital art got scaled down slightly and the blades are not any longer than before.

On another note, I'm also working on this new style of thumb pick. I have these few test strikes but the complete tooling to produce them is still being developed.

The more I use these, the more I like them and have now gone to using them full time for steel guitar and banjo. I still like the wider bands for dobro but these "Twisty Twangers" are super comfortable and deliver great tone. They are fully adjustable for size and blade length and just reverse the coil, and it's good for left handed playing.

The bands coil around more than 360 degrees which totally eliminate the possibility of hooking strings (something I was prone to) and the coil actually tightens as it's played. Along with the inner gripper teeth, they stay solid and don't slip. The blades are thick but narrow and the tone is superb.

Besides myself, there are two other players using these prototypes. Both of them like these thumb picks
so much, they've ordered a second for backup.

David Montgomery

Thumb Picks

Post by David Montgomery »

How do I order thumb picks
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

Last edited by Carl Williams on 5 Jun 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Edwards

Landis Picks

Post by Tony Edwards »

Landis makes some great picks. I have ordered two sets, (one for a friend) and these things stay on your fingers! (You can't sling them off!} They stay on and they stay put. I really like the silver with my initials on it too!
CLR Custom SD10 Pedal Steel; Telonics 500-B Combo w/ TT 15"; Hilton Low Profile VP; Telonics X-10 Pup; Frenchy's Steel Mill Strings; George L's Cables; BJS Tone Bar; Hoffmeyer Picks. This combination produces a Heavenly tone! Psalm 33:2 "Praise the Lord with...an instrument of ten strings."
David LeBlanc

Post by David LeBlanc »

I have a set of silver Death grips . I had a tough time getting used to the feel of them at first. But now I love the fit. I find them to make a thinny scratchy sound. I was used to brass before. I know my technique needs improvement. Wondered if nickle would be better for me? Or do you make Brass picks?
Last edited by David LeBlanc on 22 Apr 2021 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

Best picks I've ever used in 45 years of picking ! :D
David LeBlanc

Post by David LeBlanc »

I didn`t mean to down these picks. What I meant was my picking is the problem. That and I always had brass picks before. These are the most comfortable picks made. They are absolutely stunning to look at. I will differently buy another pair.
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

I have a mixed pair of Ron's sterling picks, one skull, one shield, I love them. Beautiful works of art, and the tone is really special, the soft attack.

Will be ordering thumbpick when i decide which style.

[edit to add] just ordered a Basketweave pattern, cause I have to have one of each!!
Last edited by Gene Tani on 22 Apr 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Ron, I sent you a PM.
b0b

Post by b0b »

just got mine :mrgreen:

-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Edward Dixon

Post by Edward Dixon »

PM sent
"Faith don't need no second opinion."
Rob DiStefano

Post by Rob DiStefano »

WOWEE!!! Works of true art!

Seeing these beauties sure makes me wish I could use fingerpicks!
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Those are you Bobby! So cool with your initials spelling out your sig. on the 3 picks. Congratulations.
Carl Williams

Landis Sterling Silver Thumbpick

Post by Carl Williams »

Fine pick...Thanks, Carl

[