Upload pictures?

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Butch Pytko

Upload pictures?

Post by Butch Pytko »

I've never had trouble uploading pictures, till now. When I try to upload a picture, it says:

General Error
Image could not be uploaded
Debug Mode

I don't know if this is related to all the Virus Alerts I've getting lately, or not.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Max Dimensions: 2048x2048
Large pictures are automatically resized.
Pictures larger than 1600x1200 may fail.

I had no problem uploading this photo. But, the error message you received was from our server, not your computer. It probably means try again, or downsize the photo, then try again. Your camera or phone should offer different "resolutions." the smaller the resolution, the smaller the file size and less likely the upload is to fail.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Butch Pytko

Post by Butch Pytko »

I learned a long time ago to reduce the size of pictures to upload on the forum. The picture I'm trying to upload had been reduced down to 801 X 991. I can reduce way smaller than that, if necessary. I've tried several times to upload the picture. It's way smaller than the max size that's accepted.
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

See if you can PM it to me.
Security Consultant
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Butch Pytko

Post by Butch Pytko »

Just for informational purposes, I reduced the picture to 750 X 928, and it uploaded. But, I've always uploaded pictures much larger, but below the max accepted size, and never had a problem. I guess when you see that error--Debug Mode--window, just keep reducing until it takes.
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Butch Pytko wrote:Just for informational purposes, I reduced the picture to 750 X 928, and it uploaded. But, I've always uploaded pictures much larger, but below the max accepted size, and never had a problem. I guess when you see that error--Debug Mode--window, just keep reducing until it takes.
Exactly what I suggested. When a file server throws an error in a module like the uploader, it creates a debug.log file that the administrator can open and (try to) read. I didn't need to see the file to deduce that it was related to the file being uploaded. It didn't like the flavor at first!
Security Consultant