M-Audio Air 192/14

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jack Stoner

M-Audio Air 192/14

Post by Jack Stoner »

I moved back in February 2021 and some recording gear including my MOTU 4pre recording interface unit came up missing. I ordered the M-Audio Air 192/14 USB C interface unit based on owning an M-Audio Fasttrack Ultra 8R firewire unit years ago. The Air 192/14 came up short on initial tests and was returned. Latency, with a low buffer and USB C interface was double what I had with the MOTU unit. But the biggest dislike was the playback sound. I tried a couple completed/mastered songs that are mixed/mastered correctly in Cakewalk with full fidelity and vocals and instruments at proper levels. With the 192/14 the entire mix sounded like an amp with the highs turned down and bass turned up. The vocals were poor and some instruments were not heard.

Whether this is typical of all the 192/14 units or just I got a defective one?? Either way its been returned.

The positive out of this is the missing MOTU 4pre has been found "after buying another".
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Dan Kelly

Post by Dan Kelly »

In many cases, that's the best way to "find" something! :-)
blah, blah, blah.
Hey You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!
blah, blah, blah.