Bluegrass Fans

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Rick Campbell

Bluegrass Fans

Post by Rick Campbell »

I know this is a steel guitar forum, but I wanted to share this song I wrote about one of my best friends, Larry Carter. Larry's radio show "Bluegrass For Breakfast" was recognized as one of the top bluegrass radio broadcast in the world.

https://youtu.be/HXx6wgx_fvM

RC
Lonnie Wells

Post by Lonnie Wells »

Nice tune and you did a good job on it Rick. I've always enjoyed bluegrass music. Did you do the harmony on the vocals too?
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Lonnie Wells wrote:Nice tune and you did a good job on it Rick. I've always enjoyed bluegrass music. Did you do the harmony on the vocals too?
Thanks! Yes Sir I did it all.

RC
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

I like all the tunes you have posted Rick! I would have loved to play on a bandstand with you. Keep up the good work please.
Jim Fogle

Post by Jim Fogle »

Rick,

Like Doug I eagerly look forward to each new release. Love your music, covers and original.

You sure got bit by the music talent bug when you were young. The video talent bug bit you pretty strong too!

Thanks for sharing your talent with us on YouTube.
Remembering Harold Fogle (1945-1999) Pedal Steel Player
Dell laptop Win 10, i3, 8GB, 480GB
2023 BiaB UltraPlus PAK
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Doug Earnest wrote:I like all the tunes you have posted Rick! I would have loved to play on a bandstand with you. Keep up the good work please.
Thank you Sir. Maybe we will get to do that sometime. I used to play fiddle at some steel shows, but haven't played one in a long time.

RC
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

Hi Rick, I'm not really qualified to play at that level.....My playing rates somewhere just below pretty darn common....just saying I like your style, tunes and presentation and it would be great fun for me but probably not so much for you!! haha

Please do keep up the good work.
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Doug Earnest wrote:Hi Rick, I'm not really qualified to play at that level.....My playing rates somewhere just below pretty darn common....just saying I like your style, tunes and presentation and it would be great fun for me but probably not so much for you!! haha

Please do keep up the good work.
I think you're probably being modest. It's all about having fun. At my level of playing, it doesn't pay enough for me to be interested unless it's fun.

RC
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Good job Rick....let's hear some more!
The Birth Place Of Country Music