Goodrich Baby Bloomer! Wow!

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Wally Moyers

Goodrich Baby Bloomer! Wow!

Post by Wally Moyers »

I’m really excited to share this.. Jay Dee Maness had already told me about it then John Macy stopped by Lubbock a couple of days ago and let me try out his new Baby Bloomer pedal by Goodrich Sound.. This thing is really almost indescribable. The best way I know to describe what it does is that it gives you a tube vibe without changing your tone like some of others I’ve tried.. It seemed to enhance the growl that my Zum Hybrid already had.. Anyway, I just now ordered one and should get it next week.. Can’t wait to get it here..
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

The best description for me is “Yes, please...”...
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Cliff Swanson

Post by Cliff Swanson »

Hmm... Limited edition and sold out according to the Goodrich website.

Any idea whether more will become available?
Cliff
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Cliff Swanson wrote:Hmm... Limited edition and sold out according to the Goodrich website.

Any idea whether more will become available?
You can go ahead and order one or just call, they’ll have more in stock next week..
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

We have 20-ish Baby Bloomers shipping next week. If you would like to pre order, we are making that available today. Thanks Wally!! Glad you like it. I played one on at least 30 gigs while developing this and love it. Guitar too. Check the website to order. https://goodrichsoundcompany.com/produc ... amp-pedal/
Cliff Swanson

Post by Cliff Swanson »

You can go ahead and order one or just call, they’ll have more in stock next week..
Ordered! Thanks.
Cliff
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Cliff Swanson wrote:

Ordered! Thanks.
Oh cool! Congrats!
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

Is it the tube sound everyone wants? Buy a tube amp. I’m nearly 69 years old and carry a tube amp. You want a tube amp sound just buy a tube amp. It’s kind of like steel builders say “It has that PP sound.” Nothing has that PP sound except another PP. Just like tubes. Just saying in my experience.
Keep pickin', Larry
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

I didn’t get it because I wanted a tube amp sound, but wanted a good sound. It does that and it’s worth the investment, in my opinion. It gives a rich, clear sound and it seems to me it would enhance ANY amp's performance.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

It does more to me than just simulate a tube amp. I love it with my Telonics amp and adds some sweetness, as I would suspect it would with most SS amps, but it also enhances my all tube recording chain (a Black Box with a Sarno V8) also.
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

I got a demo from JayDee today about the Bloomer.
"Bloomer" is the right word... the sound just blooms when you kick it in.
That's the best way I can describe it. Enough tech-talk... it sounds really cool.
Hat's off to Kevin...
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

Oh my! This is really a killer improvement on my sound! Love it Kevin! It’s a winner...big time!!!
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

Hey Rick, thanks so much! We do have 10 or so available left in this next batch for anyone that would like one.
https://goodrichsoundcompany.com/produc ... amp-pedal/
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

I'm diggin mine!
Flip Brown

Post by Flip Brown »

I'm not a pro like a lot of other steelers in this thread, but I think I have reasonably good ears and the Baby Bloomer is definitely a noticeable improvement to my sound. More depth . . . a richer tone . . . greater tonal balance - hard to describe, but probably the biggest positive shift since my Black Box (and the two of them play together quite nicely!).
MSA Millennium SD-10 #22, Fender Steel King with Eminence EPS-15C speaker, Lehle Mono 90 Volume Pedal, Sarno Black Box, Baby Bloomer, Sarno Earth Drive, EHX Mel 9, EHX Small Stone, Mooer Chorus, Keeley Caverns, Clinesmith bar, Acri picks, Nioma lap steel, Regal resonator, and a whole bunch of other instruments.
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

With my N400 not so much, but with my Stereo Steel it really adds string separation and cleanliness. Yeh.
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Phone: 971-219-8533
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

We have 12 BabyBloomers built, boxed and ready to ship. We are including 2 sets of stainless steel, Goodrich Sound E9th, 10 string Pedal Steel sets of strings with these first 12.... Check it out here. Thanks!
https://goodrichsoundcompany.com/produc ... eamp-pedal
Steve Mueller

Post by Steve Mueller »

Sounds like it's worth trying!
2016 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2015 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2023 Williams S12 4 x 5, Milkman Amps, 1974 Gibson Byrdland
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

Live mine as much as the day I got it. Thanks, Kevin!
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

Sounds great with steel, of course but also gives Strats real presence/clarity, so you double duty players will probably enjoy this with Tele's and other single coils (I don't have a Tele). That's first going thru a L10K volume pedal that kevin just upgraded for me, sounds amazing, that combo.
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

Gene, Love it with my guitars too. We have just 3 left.
Ron Scott

Post by Ron Scott »

I really like mine. Just has that bite that gets thru. Good job Kevin.
Last edited by Ron Scott on 14 Oct 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin D10 Stereo - 8 and 6 - Black Box-Zum Encore 4 and 5 Nashville 400,Session 400, DD3 for delay ,also Benado Effects pedal.
Steeling with Franklin's..and Zum Encore
Alan Judson

Post by Alan Judson »

What's the story behind the name?
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

Jim Palenscar tried one of our first designs and said "it blooms your tone" I loved that and felt that this is exactly what the design was all about. Me being a baby boomer in age put 2&2 together and wall-la, the baby bloomer was named. We have 7 available and we include 2 sets of our strings too. https://goodrichsoundcompany.com/produc ... amp-pedal/
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

I just tried my new Baby Bloomer and really like it. My immediate reaction was, "this really opens things up"
d see how that does.Image
Last edited by Chris Templeton on 2 Apr 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5