ShoBud fingertip

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Silas Hamilton

ShoBud fingertip

Post by Silas Hamilton »

I’ve finally bought my dream guitar. A fingertip. 8x4, ive spent a ridiculous amount of time searching for one. Not totally sure the year, i think its a 65.

Image [/img]
1961 ShoBud permanent, 1971 Emmons Fatback, 1965 Emmons Wraparound no. 2171, Twin Reverbs. God Bless Weldon Myrick.
Kelcey ONeil

Post by Kelcey ONeil »

Awesome!
You need to bring her by for a visit!
Silas Hamilton

Post by Silas Hamilton »

Kelcey ONeil wrote:Awesome!
You need to bring her by for a visit!
Once she gets here and all that i definitely will!
1961 ShoBud permanent, 1971 Emmons Fatback, 1965 Emmons Wraparound no. 2171, Twin Reverbs. God Bless Weldon Myrick.
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

Nice! Congrats.

Dave
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

Awesome. I guess it's a bit later than 1965, the rollers in the keyhead seem to be large. I think that the earlier ones used string ends as rollers.
----------------------------------
JCH SD-10 with BL XR-16 pickup, Sho-Bud Volume Pedal, Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables, Quilter Steelaire combo
Eric Dahlhoff

Post by Eric Dahlhoff »

Wow! The inlay is wild :whoa:
Great piece of history there. Enjoy!
"To live outside the law you must be honest." (Bob Dylan)
Liam Sullins

Post by Liam Sullins »

Glad I found that one for ya Silas! Another dream of mine is to own one of these. Can't wait to hear it!
'66 Sho~Bud Fingertip, Sho~Bud amps, Fenders, old cars and Tinkerin with steels!
Dave Campbell

Post by Dave Campbell »

cool!
Joel McCoy

Post by Joel McCoy »

Congrats on a real nice steel. I dig the maple and rosewood and that inlay is real neat! Is she all original? How many Knees?
'64 Sho-Bud Fingertip D-10 9+1, Goodrich VP, Sho-Bud/Evans Compactra 100 Custom, Sho-Bud/Evans Compactra 100 Head unit, '75 Tele, '77 Guild D25, '71 YBA-1, Marshall 4x10 and a Les Paul.
Silas Hamilton

Post by Silas Hamilton »

Joel McCoy wrote:Congrats on a real nice steel. I dig the maple and rosewood and that inlay is real neat! Is she all original? How many Knees?
Original as far as know, it comes tomorrow. 4 Knees.
Joel McCoy

Post by Joel McCoy »

Silas Hamilton wrote:
Joel McCoy wrote:Congrats on a real nice steel. I dig the maple and rosewood and that inlay is real neat! Is she all original? How many Knees?
Original as far as know, it comes tomorrow. 4 Knees.
Haha, my bad it's right there in your first post, 8x4. Here's to you having a great NGD tomorrow.
'64 Sho-Bud Fingertip D-10 9+1, Goodrich VP, Sho-Bud/Evans Compactra 100 Custom, Sho-Bud/Evans Compactra 100 Head unit, '75 Tele, '77 Guild D25, '71 YBA-1, Marshall 4x10 and a Les Paul.
Mark Durante

Post by Mark Durante »

I imagine you could order knees but as far as I know Fingertips came stock with no knees at all and some came stock with one. Some of you guys know more than I do though, maybe someone might chime in...
J. Michael Robbins

Fingertip

Post by J. Michael Robbins »

Hi Silas,

Ricky Davis can provide you with a lot of information on Fingertips, as well as other types of Sho-Buds.

By the way, I'm friends with your aunt Amy Wheeler in Hickory. She was showing me a video of you playing an Emmons last Friday evening. I just now connected the dots! Looking forward to meeting you.

Congratulations on your find. I'd love to take a look at your new guitar!

Mike Robbins
1970 Marlen D-10, 1971 Professional, 1973 Pro II, 1977 Marlen D-10, 1978 Marlen D-10, 1980 Marlen D-10
Jeffrey Shu

Post by Jeffrey Shu »

Howdy Silas,
Do I remember correctly that you've had another Sho-Bud? Your profile says a Pro I? Curious what you like about the Fingertip?
the bo-stevens (honky tonk/old country) & Tupelo Crush (Americana/rock)
'94 Marlen D-10 w/ BL 705s, '74 Fender TRSF/JBL d120s.
Liam Sullins

Post by Liam Sullins »

Jeffrey, Silas is a very good friend of mine and he let me buy it from him. All I can say is that it is killer, stays in tune, and the tapped pickup is to die for.
'66 Sho~Bud Fingertip, Sho~Bud amps, Fenders, old cars and Tinkerin with steels!
Jeffrey Shu

Post by Jeffrey Shu »

Liam, thanks. Silas is a heck of a player, for sure. Maybe you know, then - curious about the differences between Sho Buds? What makes the Fingertip different from a Pro I? What does he like about his new one? What do you like about your new one :-).
the bo-stevens (honky tonk/old country) & Tupelo Crush (Americana/rock)
'94 Marlen D-10 w/ BL 705s, '74 Fender TRSF/JBL d120s.
Liam Sullins

Post by Liam Sullins »

Mechanically they're both all pull changers! Just different styles, his uses something called two hole pullers with barrels to tune the raises/lowers. Mine uses different bell cranks and it uses your fingers to tune it. I like mine because of the sound and vibe I get from old Sho~Buds. There is just something about it.