Fessy leg rod

Post here if you're looking for something special
Martin Yeomans

Fessy leg rod

Post by Martin Yeomans »

Have a fairly new (2018, I think) Fessy SD10, and have messed up the threads on one of the rods that connect the pedal to the changer shaft. I checked with Fessenden, but he said they have none. Would anybody have one they could sell me ? PM or text me at 585-216-7749. Thanks.

Mark Yeomans
Rochester, NY area
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

A little clarification please. Do you mean the rod with the connector that runs from the pedal to the pull connector like this one?

If it's the threaded portion down by the pedal, perhaps the threads can just be chased and straightened up?

If it's beyond repair, probably contact Michael Yahl at www.psgparts.com. He can likely custom build one to match the bends and hook at the puller.
Martin Yeomans

Leg Rod

Post by Martin Yeomans »

Yes, Jerry. That's the one I messed up. Do you know what thread chaser I would use to try to repair the threads ?
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

I don't know what size the threads are on a Fessenden. I'd have to defer to other Fessy owners. If they are cut threads vs. rolled, many maker's pedal rods are 10-32 threads.

If it's determined that's what you need, we can offer you some sources for acquiring an inexpensive chaser.
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

repairing the threads is best but if you can't maybe you could shorten and extend the pedal rod

Here's 1" extender but shorter ones are available https://www.steelguitarshopper.com/brands/Show-Pro.html
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
Martin Yeomans

Post by Martin Yeomans »

Thanks Gene and Jerry. I was able to repair the threads as suggested, and am back in business again. You guys are a great resource for all of us less-than-mechanically expert pickers out here. Thanks, again.