Push up knee

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Moore

Push up knee

Post by Gary Moore »

I have a Right push up knee on my Right knee on my e9th neck any suggestions what to rise or lower with it thanks,
Larry Hobson

Push up knee

Post by Larry Hobson »

Never have been able to use a verticals lever on right knee due to the volumn pedal. Vertical on the left is less than optimum but can be utilized.
Eddie Freeman

Vkl

Post by Eddie Freeman »

Gary, I don't know of any that uses a vertical on the right knee unless you play a left handed steel. I use mine to raise my F# to g. This works very well with both pedals down as it gives you a 7th movement to your next chord, and you don't have to raise your foot off the floor, just keep your a and b peds down and raise your heel, hope this helps.
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

I have seen copedents listed that have a right vertical but I'm sure I could never use one and keep control of the volume.

Left knee vertical works best in combination with one or more pedals. With A & B down you can do like Eddie or you can lower 5 to give the minor. I tend to avoid using it on its own.
Last edited by Ian Rae on 14 Jan 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

I’d move that right vertical lever to use on my C6th neck