Hilton Low Profile Help

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Criscolo

Hilton Low Profile Help

Post by John Criscolo »

Throwing this out to the gurus out there- I bought a used Hilton Low Profile pedal, but the power supply isn’t correct. I’ve ordered the correct one from Hilton, as a possible trouble shooting measure. The pedal works, but the sounds are pure high gain and very distorted. I’ve tried every possible combo for inputs and cords- still very distorted. Even at its quietest it’s still very distorted. I’m hoping this is just not enough juice going to the guts- Does anyone have any input or theories?? What’s the next step if this power supply isn’t the cure?? Once again, thanks so much for all the help!
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

I've sent both my VP's to Mr Hilton for refurb/repair, he diagnosed one w/distorted sound as diodes and/or resistors going bad. He does a fantastic job for a lot less money than he should charge for the hours it takes and you'll get your pedal back fast.
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
John Criscolo

Post by John Criscolo »

Thank you for the reply, I’ve been in touch with Keith, and if the power supply doesn’t work, it will be sent back to him for a little loving.