Lexicon MX200 as Reaper plug-in

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ian Rae

Lexicon MX200 as Reaper plug-in

Post by Ian Rae »

I have an MX200 in my stage rack which I'd like to use in conjunction with Reaper. As the Lexicon software is 32-bit only, is it worth trying to control it from the DAW or should I save the hassle and let it stand alone?
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Ian,

I have the lexicon PCM software which is also 32 bit and it works perfectly in Reaper. That is one of the reasons I use it.

Regards and happy holidays,
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

I only just noticed your post, Mark. Thanks - I'll give it a try.

In the meantime, I've hooked up the Lexicon via the s/pdif sockets and I love the sounds I'm getting on vocals, so a bit of added convenience will be welcome.
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

I have now installed the MX-Edit software and I can control the Lexicon unit from my PC just fine.

To get Reaper to talk to it I watched this video, which may help others who are new to all this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUD7ZBV4r60

The ReaInsert plug-in which is Reaper's key to the outside world provides latency compensation to enable true bypass. This is pretty much essential when setting up effects and I didn't have that before.