Bruce Zumsteg Book and CD

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dale Hampton

Bruce Zumsteg Book and CD

Post by Dale Hampton »

I know that there are New members here that may not be aware That Bruce has written a book about his life and the steel guitar. Also, get His Cd. Would make a great Christmas present for somebody, or your self. Read about it in this earlier thread. https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... ce&start=0
Frank Carter

Post by Frank Carter »

you want be disappointed
I've read it three times
Al Evans

Post by Al Evans »

Thanks for the reminder! I finally managed to put a check in the mail.

--Al Evans
2018 MSA Legend, 2018 ZumSteel Encore, 2015 Mullen G2, G&L S-500, G&L ASAT, G&L LB-100, Godin A4 Fretless, Kinscherff High Noon
Dale Hampton

Bruce Zumsteg's book and CD

Post by Dale Hampton »

This really is a must read when it comes to steel guitar history. Don't forget his CD. What a player! Merry Christmas!
Bob Guichard

Post by Bob Guichard »

If you love the steel guitar you will love this book. Very interesting.
Al Evans

Post by Al Evans »

I finished the book a couple of days ago. I had a hard time putting it down -- apparently they taught people how to write real good in that one-room schoolhouse!

There's a story about buying an "older horizontal mill" that "looked like it came over on the Mayflower". The delivery cost was more than Bruce could spare, so he got a truck with a hydraulic lift and a friend to help move the 1500-lb. machine....

I was reading this story out loud to my wife, and at this point she cracked up. For me, it was a friend, a hydraulic trailer, a couple of dollies that were probably ruined by the experience, and a 10X15" Kluge letterpress that weighed a little more than that. Ah, the foolish confidence of youth! Like Bruce, though, we got the deed done.

Anyway, get a copy of this here book and read it! It's thoroughly enjoyable.
Can somebody tell me how to get a copy of Bruce's CD?

--Al Evans
2018 MSA Legend, 2018 ZumSteel Encore, 2015 Mullen G2, G&L S-500, G&L ASAT, G&L LB-100, Godin A4 Fretless, Kinscherff High Noon
Pookie Anselmi

Post by Pookie Anselmi »

I agree, the book is a must read. I bought my cd directly from Bruce. If I remember right, I think he autographed it.