pedal steel chair/seat

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Tom Rierden

pedal steel chair/seat

Post by Tom Rierden »

I'm tired of sitting on my drum throne for hours at a time.
Could someone out there in steel land, give me some information on purchasing a PSG chair?

Thank You!
Tom
Roger Robinson

Seat

Post by Roger Robinson »

Tom,
I've been doing a lot of research on buying another PSG seat. I had one previously and now have a better idea what to look for.

I would suggest SteelersChoice.com. It seems to be great quality, has great reviews here on the forum, and in my opinion is the best looking design of anything else available. I talked to Dan Rollans at SteelersChoice and he works with his customers to ensure the seat fits comfortably.

I don't think the power supply is necessary for me, but the back rest is essential. I'm leaning towards model SK-202.

This is all just my opinion. Good luck in your search!
John Criscolo

Post by John Criscolo »

I'm just getting into this, and I was thinking about using my Roc-n-soc "drum throne" type seat- what didnt you like about it? Is the back really that important?? Thanks for your input- I'm a newb
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

John, some don't care about the backrests. I do. All my steel seats have it and I won't do without one. I have drum and keyboard seats and they work fine for short periods, but with age the backrest is essential. Imagine kitchen chairs with no backs. Office chairs have backs. It gives you a much needed rest between sets and songs. I believe most players have it but a few hold out. All the pro players I've seen in 35 years use a backrest. Must be a reason.