1937 Gibson EH100 7 String

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bryan Martin

1937 Gibson EH100 7 String

Post by Bryan Martin »

1937 Gibson EH100 lap steel. Serial #: 556-62
$1200
In great condition and sounds fantastic.
It has the original Charlie Christian pickup, and all original knobs and hardware.
It is a 7-string model, and according to the shipping totals on page 154 of Duchossoir’s Gibson Electric Steel Guitar book, less than 150 of these were produced. So quite the rare and lovely bird.

There is no case.

Here is some additional information from another forum member:

"This is an earlier EH-100 judging from the back & FON # location.
Weaker tail block on these w screwed on backs so want to avoid high string tension tunings.
If you refer to Duchossoir’s book, you’ll find info re duplicate #’s on p 148. Your guitar is likely a 1937 (v2b) w vol/tone controls on the treble side. 42 7-string EH-100’s were made in 1937.
Those Waverly tuners are rare - used on pre-war Martins so often Gibson EH steels got cannibalize."

I have too many steels, and play mainly 8 string, so time to let this one go to good homes where they will be played.

Last edited by Bryan Martin on 6 Nov 2020 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Helm

Case?

Post by Mark Helm »

Does it come with the original case?
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Bryan Martin

Eh100

Post by Bryan Martin »

Mark,

I never had the case. I should have stated that in the original post. I am going to update that.

Cheers, Bryan
Dylan Keating

Post by Dylan Keating »

Wow! What a beauty! If only I hadn't just bought another pedal steel, I would be all over this.
"Steel a little and they throw you in jail, Steel a lot and they make you King."
Bryan Martin

Eh100

Post by Bryan Martin »

Dylan,

Thanks for the kind words. But I am sure that steel you bought is doing its job.

Cheers, Bryan