Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Dennis Saydak

Italian Custom Lap Steel Guitar

Post by Dennis Saydak »

A very different approach to the shinney finished style guitars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SI9AkiIbuc
Dennis
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race, the rats get faster.
Nic Neufeld

Post by Nic Neufeld »

Interesting aesthetics for sure. One of the tricks of lap steels (vs fretted ones) is that the beat up vintage ones are everywhere and available, likely for cheaper than a new build, so for lap steel players, its a lot less of a novelty to have a "relic'ed" finish.

I can understand the business sense in sending the guitar for review to someone like that with a wide following, although it is kinda unfortunate they couldn't get a more experienced steel player to show it off a bit more. But for prospective players looking to jump from fretted to steel, it isn't a bad perspective I guess..."this is what you'll sound like at first".

There's a lot of nice concepts in there in terms of design (thank you for not including an adjustable bridge!) but the design lost me at the whammy bar! :lol: Maybe they just had a lot of the trem hardware in stock or something!
Waikīkī, at night when the shadows are falling
I hear the rolling surf calling
Calling and calling to me
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

It's cool looking! fwiw, I don't like when the brand name is real big right across the front like that, myself.
JB Bobbitt

Post by JB Bobbitt »

I'm puzzled by the bridge as well, especially with the slant off the PUP. It's their own PUP.
"Time is an enemy"
-Bob Dylan
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

Looks nice, more pix/info https://www.paolettiguitars.com/product ... tnut-wood/

I get 25.5" scale length, not what i'm used to.
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
Lee Holliday

Post by Lee Holliday »

Not normally a fan of Relic finish as it always looks like you are buying a secondhand instrument at new price, but this one does look good, more of a beachcomber driftwood look going on.

Oh you can keep the legs strictly lap for me.

Lee
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

WOW,,that body design looks just like my little keyless lap steels!!!,,,'cept for the keyhead,,huummm,,,
Mark Mansueto

Post by Mark Mansueto »

I'm not a big fan of relicing but this company seems to do a good job of it. I looked over their entire product line and I like some of the amp designs and for some reason the leather topped Strat really caught my eye.