RIP Jim Nelligan

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Fred Jack

RIP Jim Nelligan

Post by Fred Jack »

RIP Jim Nelligan. I just received word That Jim passed today. He has been sick for some time and just couldn't recoup this time. Many of you will remember Jim as the Staff Photographer for the ISGC in St Louis. He was a great photographer but more that that he was a good person. He was fun to be around and him being from Upper U S we made his life miserable because of his accent. Friends, he had an accent! And we cut him no slack. We said "car", he said "caaw". He went with us around the country when we played. As much as his schedule would allow. He laughter was infectious and it was easy to get him to laugh. He came to Texas when our daughter Joni was married and did the photo work. He came to Branson with us. To Oklahoma. To Dallas several times. He will definately be missed. I am sad to be reminded that he also fell out with me about four years ago all so unnecessarily.All over politics. He could not handle me being a Conservative and him being a loyal (?) democrat. I forgive you, Jim! ( ha-ha)
I have some stories I am going to Post later. Until we meet again Jim, May God have Mercy upon your soul!
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sorry to hear this!

Jim was a Great Photographer and documented a lot of the Steel Guitar Greats! Prayers for his family and friends.

RIP Jim!
Ken Mullett

Post by Ken Mullett »

So sorry to hear this. I've tried to contact him numerous times the past year or so but never got a response.
Tom Sosbe

Post by Tom Sosbe »

Jim was one of the good ones. will miss him a lot.
Sandra Scott-Wall

Post by Sandra Scott-Wall »

So sorry to hear this. Jim was a very big part of the ISGC for many, many years. His photographs remain the best of the best and always will be. RIP Jim.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

So sorry to hear of Jim's passing. He was a good guy!
Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

So sorry to hear this. I only spoke with him by email but Jim seemed a kind, generous guy and a good friend to the steel guitar community.
Steel Guitar Books! Website: www.volkmediabooks.com
Fred Jack

Story about Jim

Post by Fred Jack »

Well, its that time of year that I sit around and get teary eyed, and yes I even slobber and boo hoo some. I was looking through old emails and I saw one from Jim and it caused me to reflect on this story. It actually happened. Maybe not exactly as I recollect but darned close. It goes like this;
There was a wedding up in Indiana where Jim was from and either the bride or groom was from Texas. I think it was the bride. The dad, of course a Texan, put on a large BarB'Que meal for the weding families. They had a large tent and people served themselves. So Jim gets his meal and consumes it. He then got up and went to get his "wedding cake". He returned only to discover he had forgotten his fork. He got up and started out to retrieve a fork and he had a thought.Maybe someone else needed a fork. He stopped turned around in that tent full of people and yelled,"Does anyone want'a fawk? That caused some shocked faces.
Jim Cohen

Re: Story about Jim

Post by Jim Cohen »

Fred Jack wrote:... He stopped turned around in that tent full of people and yelled,"Does anyone want'a fawk? That caused some shocked faces.
:eek: :eek: :eek: