Two Videos - Developing and making Thumb Picks

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Ron Landis

Two Videos - Developing and making Thumb Picks

Post by Ron Landis »

I've been making silver fingerpicks for a while and have experienced an enormous interest in custom thumb picks. These two new videos go into how I developed them, how I make them, and options available. I make them by hand to order. Please Subscribe to our YouTube channel. It's free!

Pat one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOMp35-0bjU&t=3s

Part two...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXYx7rAY7U
Dan Kelly

Post by Dan Kelly »

Great information Ron... very interesting videos. You are innovating in a product category that many,including myself, thought was already developed! Way to go!

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! Ron uses the "B word" in these videos!
blah, blah, blah.
Hey You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!
blah, blah, blah.
Ron Landis

Post by Ron Landis »

Dan Kelly wrote:Great information Ron... very interesting videos. You are innovating in a product category that many,including myself, thought was already developed! Way to go!

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! Ron uses the "B word" in these videos!
Thanks Dan! Yes, I'm learning a lot with all my experiments. I wasn't going to concentrate on thumb picks at first but I've had so many people requesting them, I've finally taken the hint and trying all kinds of things.

I was never a fan of metal thumb picks, but sterling silver is a much softer material and the tonal qualities of silver is quite different. I'm finding that the thickness is extremely important factor as to the tonal qualities, as I explain in this video.

I'm always looking for the best combination of blade thickness and band thickness to produce the best pick possible.

I guess B@#J0 was the "B" Word you were referring to. :-)