One of my favorites!
Mitch Drumm

Post by Mitch Drumm »

Curses!!

At it for well over 60 years.

Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Johnny Bush music will live forever in us>
Johnny; You and Jimmy Day are the reason I played this song; now you two are together. Go rest high on that mountain and this is for you my Friend💜🙏🙏>
https://youtu.be/IqmIKfL_VS4
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Dang. My wife was just telling me how much she was dreading the day that would happen.

RIP Brother Johnny.

:cry:
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

A big loss in the country music world for sure. He was a friend to steel guitar as well. RIP Johnny Bush, you will certainly be missed.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

@Dick Sexton

Thank you for sharing that video! Gosh, that is great playing! Wonder which steeler is on that track.
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

So very sorry to read about this.
I have always been a fan of him since I first heard him
many years ago.
You had a GREAT career - go rest high.
R.I.P. Johnny

Ron
"Tone is in the hands. Unless your wife will let you buy a new amp. Then it's definitely in that amp."

We need to turn the TWANG up a little

It's not what you play through, it's what you play through it.

They say that tone is all in the fingers...I say it is all in your head :)

Some of the best pieces of life are the little pieces all added up..Ron

the value of friendship. Old friends shine like diamonds, you can always call them and - most important - you can't buy them.
Darrell Criswell

Post by Darrell Criswell »

First time I saw Johnny was at a club in San Antonio about 1986. I had no idea he was famous, I thought he was just a local, he was phenomenal. Unfortunately he was not in his prime then as he had spastic dystonia and he talked about it. However his voice was better than his later years.

I talked with him personally at the ET record store and he told me about his love of steel guitar and told me to try to get to see and listen to Buddy Charleton, one of his favorite players. I saw him at Pearl's Dance Hall with the Insiders when he was making something of a comeback around 2005, he played fiddle there and put on a great show.

He had a really a fantastic voice, could have easily become an opera singer, I doubt we will ever see another one like him.
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

Very sorry to hear of Johnny's passing! I remember first seeing him playing drums with Ray Price in Vancouver MANY years ago.

RIP Johnny
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Another great one gone - definitely one of my absolute favorites. RIP, Johnny.
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

What a voice and talent...very sad to witness our greatest leave us. Condolences to Johnny’s family.
David Hartley

Sad news

Post by David Hartley »

RIP Johnny Bush
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

This is a dark day for me...

I'm shocked and saddened upon hearing this today. I was a Bandolero for 14 years 1992-2006... I think I had the longest tenure as a Bandolero steeler... but aside from music, he and I bonded instantly as pals. Johnny was one of my dearest friends and was one of three men that changed my life in 1992 when I had "retired" from music. The two others being Charlie Norris and Jeff Newman. He was so influential in my life in so many ways, I could go on for hours. He was best man at my wedding, he "raised me" Masonically (you brethren will understand), so many other things now are coming back to my memory.

We spoke a few weeks ago. He called and asked if I had "heard any new ones," meaning jokes, because he never failed to call me with ones he'd just heard. He asked if I was staying well and I said "yeah, wearing a mask everywhere. I'm 72, have breathing problems, you know." He said "tell me about it. If I get the shit, I'm dead." That kind of spooked me, but of course I'd known about his pulmonary problems for almost 30 years.

I don't know what took him, I just found out and haven't called Lynda yet. It's too soon, anyway. All I know is that my caller ID won't say "Johnny Bush" any more.

My brother has gone and met the Supreme Architect of the Universe. So mote it be.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Very sad news. I love Johnny’s voice and I have the deepest respect for him. Condolences to his friends and family.
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

Very sad news and touching to hear all the stories and memories. Thoughts and prayers to Johnnys family and friends.
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Man,what a sad thing to hear today.He was one of my very favorite artists.Farewell my brother ** *.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Johnny Bush gone is a great loss to the entire music world. His contributions to music rings loud and long in my home. One of the best. RIP Johnny.
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

So sorry to hear this news today, such a legend to Texas country music, i love every one Johney ever did, every steel part was such a powerful influencer too. Thanks Bill Sexton for that video, i beleive that was Mr buddy Emmons? Condolances Herb, you sir are a true troubador too, hang in there friend.
robert kramer

Post by robert kramer »

There’s the music you can talk about, there’s the music you can theorize about, there’s music that’s “hip,” that you’re supposed pay lip service so you look “cool,” and then there’s the music you actually listen to. Johnny Bush is who I still listen to. Like the Hag, not a week goes by I don’t reach for one of his records for comfort and reenforcement and a reminder of what excellence sounds like.

Who’ll get the gig? Jimmy, Dickie, Weldon, Buddy? Bush will have a tough time choosing between them.
Dave Magram

Post by Dave Magram »

Marty Broussard wrote:@Dick Sexton

Thank you for sharing that video! Gosh, that is great playing! Wonder which steeler is on that track.
That's Buddy Emmons on "Wish I'd Seen Your Going Coming".

-Dave
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Such sad news. Johnny was one of mine and Barbara's dear friends. Having worked so many times, over the years, with Johnny I'll miss, as he walked past me on stage, his singing "Rosetta, My Rosetta" and then a big smile.
Mine and Barbara's condolences to Lynda and the family. Rest in peace dear friend. Go be with Our Precious Lord.
...Roy and Barbara
Last edited by Roy Rosetta on 16 Oct 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Cliff Trent

RIP Johnny

Post by Cliff Trent »

I got to know Johnny and loved his music and banter! His memories will always be a treasure to me! You will always be a part of country music!! RIP
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sorry to hear this sad news! He was such a Great Vocalist! I love his music! Prayers for his Family and his many, many Friends! RIP Mr. Johnny!
Roy Heap

Post by Roy Heap »

So very sad, RIP Mr Bush. A legend.