Pedal Steel Picking Practice Pad??

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mac Martine

Pedal Steel Picking Practice Pad??

Post by Mac Martine »

I've seen these little practice pads for banjo: http://www.noteworthyjohn.com/sawBanjoPracticePad.htm

I was wondering if anyone has one of these for steel.. or something similar? Is there anything like this out there for the steel?
Pat Kelly

Post by Pat Kelly »

As reported in the May 1981 edition of "Steel Guitarist" magazine (p 36), the worlds smallest steel guitar was built by a guy called Melvin Reiter of New York. It was reported to be playable and would no doubt be an excellent portable practice tool. It was eight inches long with six strings. I don't know if many were produced. Incidentally , I think every steel player should have the set of six magazines published. An absolute wealth of information. I think they are still available from b0b here on The Forum.
Mac Martine

Post by Mac Martine »

Yeah, I've seen that... but I have no idea how to get one, and I'd assume they're worth a lot o' pennies. I'm surprised noone else is making anything like this with all the crafty steel players around here.
A. J. Schobert

Post by A. J. Schobert »

Mac check your e mail and chack out BSG steel guitars they are on the links column