Wanted: lessons Dallas, TX

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dathan Boone

Wanted: lessons Dallas, TX

Post by Dathan Boone »

Hello,

I'm looking for some psg lessons in Dallas. Any suggestions?

I'm a certified music teacher in Dallas ISD so i am already familiar with theory and whatnot. I also play a bit of guitar, clarinet and whatever i can get my hands on.
Lindell Thomas

Post by Lindell Thomas »

Alex Johnson of Charley's Guitar Shop is listed as one of the instructors in the Dallas area. The Texas Steel Guitar Association lists several in their publication. Membership is reasonable and the newsletter is free to members. Alex isn't the only instructor, but he's in the Dallas proper area.
Don Kuhn

Post by Don Kuhn »

Alex helped me out a cpl of times and a nice guy to deal with. The shop is off of I35 and I think it's Royal Ln.
W. C. Edgar
Location: Iowa City Iowa, Madison CT, Nashville, Austin, Phoenix, East Coast Soon!

Post by W. C. Edgar »

Steve Lamb
Steel City Music
Used to be in White Settlement
Ask for BIG Steve or OLD Steve
This is THE place
First owner of Steelseat.com
1980 Sho-Bud Pro II & 1977 Sho-Bud Pro l
Lawrence 610 Pickups
1979 Peavey LTD
1980 Peavey Nashville 400
Goodrich L-120
Toured with Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson & more
wcedgar.com
David Biggers

Post by David Biggers »

Steel City has been gone for a couple decades +. They turned it into a Sutherland's Lumber about 20 years ago and now it's closed as of last year.

Steve Lamb has also closed his other store Lambs Music but is taking customers by appointment only over off of White Settlement Rd.
He was a great instructor for me.

Alex is a monster player and a nice guy. He has several steels on the showroom floor there at Charley's Guitar Shop in Dallas where he is the owner.

I would also watch all of Mickey Adams videos.
Mitchell Smithey

Post by Mitchell Smithey »

I teach at my home in Carrollton just north of Dallas.
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

FYI, Steel City no longer exists but Steve Lamb is very much in business under the name Lamb Music. He does guitar repairs and still teaches.

Lamb Music 8127 White Settlement Rd B,
Fort Worth, TX 76108

Phone: (817) 244-8600

I would HIGHLY recommend Mitchell.
Cops aren't paid much so I steel at night.
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

Hey Dick, Lamb Music looks like it's almost in the same place as the original location? I spent a lot of hours hanging in Steve's place back in those days. Great guy... I've still got the Ace Packseat I bought there.
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

Howdy Bill, He moved about 3 miles south. If you left his old shop and went south on Las Vegas trail he'd be at the intersection of Hwy 80 and Las Vegas Trail.
Cops aren't paid much so I steel at night.
Randall Palmore

Lamb’s

Post by Randall Palmore »

Bill- You are correct..Steve has relocated Lamb’s Music just a few doors down from where Steel City Music was located. That’s where the madness started for me. I purchased my Maverick there, received a lesson from Steve and immediately went to Bruce Music and purchased a Peavey LTD from you! Your partly responsible! All kidding aside, anyone wanting to pursue the steel guitar should go see Steve at Lambs Music!
Buddie Hrabal

Original Steel City Music Location!

Post by Buddie Hrabal »

According to Steve, The current location is the original building where he operated for many years. The only difference is now it called "Lamb's Music" Same great service from the same great family!
1975 Emmons P/P D-10, Sierra Sesion D-10, Dekley HS-210, Sho-Bud "Blue Darlin" V, Evans FET-500HV amp,Goodrich L-120 pedal