maverick ser# 12334

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul Langtry

maverick ser# 12334

Post by Paul Langtry »

My Maverick has a length 24" from the nut to bridge. Is this the correct way to measure length? I have a Fender Frontman Amp. Ser.# M430397, 38W, type: PR 241 . Not an exspensive amp I think. I'm new to electric music and PSG's . Price is a big factor for me at this time but can someone recommend what I should have for a set-up [amp,strings.bar ,???] to continue trying to learn to play this old Maverick besides practice,practice,practice
Paul Langtry

wrong post

Post by Paul Langtry »

I believed I was asking for general info. about my guitar and how I should be trying to set it up. Not just about electrical . I'll try to not cause anyone extra work in the future ! Just requesting some help !
b0b

Post by b0b »

That is the correct way to measure scale length.

A Maverick works best with a wound .022 for the scale length. These are the strings I recommend: www.steelguitarshopper.com/e9th-wound-6 ... stage-one/. The Dunlop 920 tone bar (7/8" x 3.25") is a good choice.

For practicing, any amp will do. The Fender Frontman is is fine. For performing, Peavey Nashville 112 is a better choice. They show up used here on the Forum quite often.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Paul Langtry

help for Maverick

Post by Paul Langtry »

b0b wrote:That is the correct way to measure scale length.

A Maverick works best with a wound .022 for the scale length. These are the strings I recommend: www.steelguitarshopper.com/e9th-wound-6 ... stage-one/. The Dunlop 920 tone bar (7/8" x 3.25") is a good choice.

For practicing, any amp will do. The Fender Frontman is is fine. For performing, Peavey Nashville 112 is a better choice. They show up used here on the Forum quite often.
Thanks bOb, I really apreciate your opinion and help.
Paul Langtry

strings

Post by Paul Langtry »

Hello bOb, what is the meaning of "stage one". I have a new set of "Ernie Ball custom gauge, stainless steel wound" . It doesn't have the G# .0115 it's 10 and the B is an 18 plain rather tha.017. The next set I buy i'll try the ones you suggested .
b0b

Post by b0b »

The strings are made for the modern Zumsteel Stage One pedal steels, but they also work well on certain older models (like your Maverick). Does the Ernie Ball set have a wound 6th string (middle G#)?
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Paul Langtry

strings

Post by Paul Langtry »

b0b wrote:The strings are made for the modern Zumsteel Stage One pedal steels, but they also work well on certain older models (like your Maverick). Does the Ernie Ball set have a wound 6th string (middle G#)?

Morning oBo, yes