1961 Gretsch Corvette - ***Gone***

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Brett Lanier

1961 Gretsch Corvette - ***Gone***

Post by Brett Lanier »

Selling this '61 Gretsch solid body guitar. Mahogany neck and body, rosewood fingerboard. This was the first year of production for the Corvette, and the only year they were made with this body shape (which is pretty much a Gibson Les Paul jr double cutaway).

The original pickguard for this model was an odd design, and never looked quite right which is why so many people removed it and did something different. This guitar was missing the original pickguard when I bought it. Creston Lea (Creston Electric) made a custom bakelite control panel, installed a Lollar "single coil for humbucker" pickup, and swapped out all the old wires and pots for Emerson pots and new cloth wiring. He really did a great job. The original trapeze tailpiece and bridge is in tact and working well, which contributes to the cool sound this guitar has. Another option you'd have would be to swap that stuff out for a Bigsby vibrato, which also works well (I had it set up that way for a couple of years).

The neck and fretboard are what makes this guitar so nice in my opinion. It has what I would describe as a medium sized, roundish neck. Very 50's/early 60's feeling but not big and clunky in any way. The frets are smaller than what you would find on a modern guitar but have held up very well.

Guitar comes with the original chipboard case. It works, but it's in rough shape. Guitar would be packed well for shipping. Feel free to ask questions.

Last edited by Brett Lanier on 21 Nov 2021 7:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Beautiful! Good luck with the sale.
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

Here’s something you don’t see everyday !!.....Nice !!
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

Thanks guys. It's a pretty cool guitar, and brighter sounding than what you might expect from a mahogany body and neck.
Last edited by Brett Lanier on 25 Jul 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

bump
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

ttt
Travis Egnor

Post by Travis Egnor »

PM Sent