Please close. Sold Elsewhere.

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Jim Ervin

Please close. Sold Elsewhere.

Post by Jim Ervin »

This is a 1968 Fender Bassman, that was converted to a 1x15 combo by David Allen of allenamps.com. He rewired it, plus added a midrange control, reverb, tremolo, and a raw control, which takes out the tone stack gradually as it is turned up, giving it more of a tweed sound. The output and reverb transformers are original, while the power transformer and choke are Allen's proprietary transformers. Finger-jointed pine cabinet with black tolex from Allen. While I have owned this amp (since 1997), I have added a footswitch jack for the reverb and tremolo, along with a Fender logo on the front. I have also replaced the 15" Italian Jensen speaker with an Eminence Legend 1518 speaker, rated at 150 watts. This amp comes with 2-button footswitch and a nice padded J&L cover. This is a great-sounding amp, especially with a Strat or Tele!

Tubes are as follows:
(2) TAD 6L6WGC-STR;
(3) JJ ECC83
(1) Chinese 12AT7 (make unknown)
(1) Sovtek 5AR4
Height: 21”
Width: 22”
Depth: 10”
Weight: 52.4 lbs.

$1100

The Bassman is for sale locally to zip code 19355 (near Philly). I will not ship, but I will drive a negotiable distance to meet up with a buyer. Not interested in trades.

The last 2 pics show this amp on David Allen’s deck many years ago, with the Jensen speaker and without the Fender logo.

A couple of short videos...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvWmraFN6Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPhxr9aSCPM

Last edited by Jim Ervin on 29 May 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Ervin

Post by Jim Ervin »

TTT
Godfrey Arthur

Post by Godfrey Arthur »

Interesting. One of a kind. Full sound. :)
ShoBud The Pro 1
YES it's my REAL NAME!
Ezekiel 33:7
Jim Ervin

Post by Jim Ervin »

Please close. Sold elsewhere.