Vox VT 40 amp is very nice.

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Fred Glave

Vox VT 40 amp is very nice.

Post by Fred Glave »

I recently picked up a lightly used Vox Vt 40+ and have to say it is really nice. Very small and very light...perfect for practice and tiny, tiny gigs. Built in effects with pedal. I use a Goodrich Matchbox with my Zumsteel Encore. It sounds outstanding. Cheap, very small and ultra light.
Zum Encore, Zum Stage One, Fender 2000, Harlan Bros., Multi-Kord,
James Holland

Re: Vox VT 40 amp is very nice.

Post by James Holland »

Fred Glave wrote:I recently picked up a lightly used Vox Vt 40+ and have to say it is really nice.
I've got a VT50, larger, but same Vox and Valvetronix wizardry. The clean and Fender sounds can be really good, it just takes a bit more knob twisting than say a Cube if you want to get close to a Super Reverb, or Deluxe, etc. Same with the effects. The Valvetronix were always a good design, but suffered in the beginning of the series with solder quality issues. I think that had an impact on reputation. I've fixed mine a half dozen times, lol. Vox solved that well before the + series.
Fred Glave

Post by Fred Glave »

Yes James, the only setting for me is the clean channel. I pretty much stay with digital delay with some reverb. I had an issue with it that was easily solved, you can see my other post in here the electronics section.
Zum Encore, Zum Stage One, Fender 2000, Harlan Bros., Multi-Kord,