[Please Close]Lg. Body Sehy Rosewood and Spruce Squareneck

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jerry Overstreet

[Please Close]Lg. Body Sehy Rosewood and Spruce Squareneck

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

You won't find a nicer large body instrument with this construction, looks and sound anywhere for this price. $1500, buyer pays all S/H charges.

Large open body post model Spider bridge.

Wonderful Brazilian rosewood back and sides, spruce top spider bridge resonator guitar. It's my understanding that the cone is Scheerhorn. Beard 14 adjustable spider. Lyre cover plate with worn spot from picking or finger anchoring.

Large open body post construction without baffle. Gorgeous maple binding all around. Grovers with ebony/black buttons. Screenless rings.

Ebony board. Bone nut, composite ebony over maple saddles.

Top quality professional looking and sounding resonator guitar crafted by Bob Sehy, also a forum member, out of New York with a July 2011 build date. Fit and high gloss finish looks great with a couple exceptions. There are some minor things you would expect from just being handled and played.

Bookmatched rosewood back has a small app 1" area at the end of the lower bout where the wood doesn't quite match. It is my understanding that this is a natural characteristic of the wood and not a chip or repaired area.

A scuff on the back near bottom and an about a 3" dull finish spot on the top about where you would lay your picking forearm. These are hard to show in pics. None of these things are serious or severe, just trying to make all aware.

Comes with a tweed case in good condition but with a few scuffs, bumps and bruises.

Custom USA built, solid wood, professional instrument worth much more. Easily a $2K guitar with all the modern goodies.

Shipping is FOB Louisville, which means that the buyer pays insured shipping. I use either FedEx or US Postal service. I will personally pack it and deliver it to the depot myself.

I accept a certified bank check or USPS money orders from established forum members. I do not do paypal. No international sales.

Meet for sale and exchange of funds in the region preferable and takes priority. Distances like Indy, Cincy, Nashville, East, West Ky. etc.

Price is $1500 + shipping. Private Message me with interest.

Offer may be rescinded at any time without prior notice at the whim of the seller. Sales are final. Money spent on receipt. No returns, no refunds, but will be shipped fully insured

Contact PM with questions, concerns, interest.

The headstock is blank. That's a reflection in the photo below.
Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 23 Jul 2020 5:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

I'm very familiar with Bob Sehy resonators and own a 7 string that Bob built for me (his final build). I've been to his home & workshop....I can tell you that the quality of his instruments are top notch - both materials & craftsmanship....worth much more than his selling prices.....
Jerry Overstreet

TY HR. I've seen pics and descriptions of some of your fabulous instruments and your input means a lot.

Even though Bob may not be as well known as some of the biggies, this is a wonderful instrument and the price is more than fair. Anyone interested in a modern custom build reso will be missing out if they bypass this one.

I'm not going to beg anyone to buy it though so if it doesn't go at this price, I'll find another way to do what I need to do.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

I have played Howard's Bob Sehy 7 string. One the nicest dobros i have ever played. I asked Howard to will it to me. :).
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Jerry Overstreet

No trades, please don't ask. Need funds to cover med expenses. Money orders only or certified bank check. No Paypal. Contact by PM please.
Philip Tamarkin

Post by Philip Tamarkin »

PM sent.
Jim Goins

Sehy Guitar

Post by Jim Goins »

Hey Jerry. I'm interested in The Sehy sent you a PM.
Jim.
Jerry Overstreet

Close Please

Please close this listing. We may have something worked out for a future meet and greet deal.

For now, I have health issues that won't allow that and with all the other crap in the world, I don't want to take a chance being around other people.

Besides, this listing is full of edits, etc. and I just want to clean it up a bit if our future deal doesn't go and I do decide to re-list. Thanks.