Gary Hogue Profex II settings

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dave Alfstad

Gary Hogue Profex II settings

Post by Dave Alfstad »

I have recently gone back to my Profex II rig, and I am really enjoying it. Some time ago I loaded in some presets from somewhere that were above and beyond the standard Newman presets. I can't remember where they came from, but I know that some of them are loaded in my PFII. There is a Gary Hogue setting titled "Hogue 1" that sounds very nice, but the "1" suffix implies that there may be a Hogue 2 that I no longer have. Does anybody know where some of these other settings may have come from and if there are, in fact, more Gary Hogue settings of which I am not aware?
Thanks!
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Dave, I have the program card and will have to check it out. The posted PDF from Jack Stoner doesn't list it but his was for the Tubefex. Mine is the Profex ll. I will post later what I found.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Larry, the listing I made is for a Profex II It was generated from a Transtube Fex. It is the contents of a Peavey Cache card I bought from Carter Guitar co, who loaded the card. The listing was verified by Smiley Roberts (and errors he found were corrected).

Dave is looking for presets other than what was provided in the stock Newman programs.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

My mistake Jack. My feeble mind and bad memory. So then no Gary Hogue II present. Junior Knight and Gary were best friends and likely used similar equipment and settings. With any luck maybe he will respond to this post. I'm not sure if he still uses a Profex.
Dave Alfstad

Post by Dave Alfstad »

Now that I think about it, it's possible that the settings I'm looking for were from Junior Knight. That seems to spark something in my memory. It seems like they were loaded in from a card, but I still don't know who I got them from.